Mystara - In Search of Adventure

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Soundlessly Sundim and Bulboos approach there respective doors and listen intently for sounds within.

[sblock=Sundim & Bulboos]
Sundim: You don't hear anything
Bulboos: You hear the sounds of voices raised in an argument in goblin. They're arguing about how best to split up their treasure.[/sblock]

okuth0r

First Post
In a quiet voice Korin adds Ye be daft if you think I be leaving the side of a dwarf that still stands when there is skulls to crack. Let the others hide, i do no sneak, nor hide behind trees well, let them come and well send them to their grave side by side. T’would be best those can hide do so to keep any from finding their way to reinforcements.

ethandrew

First Post
Ingwë's lips crack in a feral smile as he watches the proceedings, "Goblin blood smell real bad, but is a smell I love. Let them come I say."

Bulboos

Pssst. Goblin scums inside.
Bulboos whispers and signal his friends
will someone open the door.

he takes several steps back and aim his bow, in the second the door opens, Bulboos fires an arrow, hoping to catch one of the goblins flatfooted.

Gyojin

First Post
Sundim turned around and shook his head. "I don't think anything is inside," he whispered. He drew his crossbow and waited.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas grins. "Well, one empty one full? Guess we're doing this the fun way! I heard of something once called a 'Dwarven Battering Ram'... Wanna try it?" He looks to Korin for approval, and once he gets it, he cracks his fingers, twists around a few times (Stretches), and then aims himself at the door. "Ready... Set... GO!" He says in dwarven, charging at the door side by side with his fellow, large shield raised in front of him. "KNOCK KNOCK!!" He shouts as they ram the door at a full dwarven tilt.

[sblock=actions]
Assuming Korin agrees to help, Strength check to force open the door = +3. I believe charging gives a +2, and if Korin makes a DC10 aid another check, that's another +2.
Any more bonus for the shield?

I have no idea what this door's made of, how thick it is, or if it's even latched... But if this works, it's gonna look so cool, and scare the hell outta any goblins in there!
[/sblock]

okuth0r

First Post
GM/Jonas
[sblock] find by me, just dwarves tend to be outnumbered so they stay together.
also i will be out of town and away from comp till late monday...[/sblock]

Rolzup

First Post
Olaf stands with hands raised, and a spell upon his lips, eyes fixed on the door. As Jonas and Korin impact with it, he laughs aloud, and takes an eager step forward.

[sblock]
5' step to S37, ready an action to cast a spell when and if the enemy becomes visible.
[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Watching as the two dwarves collide with the door, Ingwë steps into position and poises his spear, ready to throw it as soon as a target presents itself.

[sblock=Action]He will walk to T-33 and when appropriate, 5' step into T-34 and attack[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Performing the 'battle' technique known worldwide as the 'Dwarven Battering Ram' Korin and Jonas easily burst thru the door (because it was unlocked) and stumble across four goblins with swords drawn arguing over two large piles of coins. At the sudden entrance of the dwarves the goblins swiftly put aside their differences to face a new threat. Adventurers!

As the two dwarves break their way thru the door Bulboos, Ingwë, and Sundim attack almost simultaneously. Ingwë's spear whizzes past Jonas's head and buries itself in the side of a goblin (#3), Bulboos arrow slips between Jonas' legs to sink itself deep into the chest of another goblin (#4), while Sundim's bolt fails to find it's target (#1) and instead bounces off of Korin's mailed back.

Combat Notes - Surprise Round
Bulboos: Attacks #4. 20, hits for 4 (1d6) points of damage
Ingwë: Attacks #3. 21, hits for 4 (1d8+2) points of damage
Sundim: Attacks #1. 17, miss due to cover provided by Korin

Combat Summary
Goblin #1 100% (unharmed)
Goblin #2 100% (unharmed)
Goblin #3 20% (gravely injured)
Goblin #4 20% (gravely injured)

Initiative
Bulboos - 24
Sundim - 19
Ingwë - 15
Jonas - 15
Olaf - 8
Korin -5
Goblins -4

OOC: Please include all relevant combat modifiers (I.E. AC, HP, Att # Dam # spells being cast etc) when you post in a combat round as this saves me having to look up your character sheets. Thanks

Last edited:

Remove ads