• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mystic and Artificer now on DM''s Guild. Part of additional playtest process

I don't see why it is unlikely to see these two new classes released in Fall 18...?
Because there's so much else they could do.
With one book each year, devoting two books in a row to classes & subclasses is a lot. And it really delays every other book. It'd be like doing another monster book this fall.

I'm expecting a book on magic items, artifacts, and the like next year. But it could be high level monsters & epic content, something related to the planes, a hacker's guide, or other ideas.

Mercule

Adventurer
They are still playtest material.
Right. That's pretty obvious. I think it's interesting that WotC is now releasing playtest material to the DMs Guild. I always assumed that the DMs Guild was for "release" product, no matter how questionable some of the amateur stuff might be.

What happens with the next iteration of, say, the Mystic? Does the PDF get updated and "purchasers" get a notification? Does a new product entry get created? What's the path look like? At first blush and regardless of lip service, it seems like "playtest" material goes to the DMs Guild to languish in perpetuity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads