Naberezhnyi, God of controlling others and gaining power through tyranny and force.

BigB

First Post
Naberezhnyi, God of controlling others and gaining power through tyranny and force.
The Slaver, God Killer

Enworldian DemiGod
Symbol: manacles
Home Plane: Enworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Portfolio: Tyranny, Slavery, Martial Conflict
Worshippers: Slavers, and those seeking power through force.
Cleric Alignments: LE, NE, LN
Domains: Evil, War, Nobility
Favored Weapon: Greatsword

Simply known as Naberezhnyi, this god is thoroughly evil and seeks to control all without exception. Naberezhnyi is at odds with all other Gods except Urdiga, whom Naberezhnyi seeks help from on occasion. Urdiga has at times used Naberezhnyi to do her bidding by trickery and convincing Naberezhnyi it is what he wants. Urdiga once assisted Naberezhnyi to defeat a lesser god (long forgotten) and to become a god himself. Naberezhnyi once ruled a small kingdom, and used his power to destroy all the followers of one of Urdiga's rivals before confronting and killing the god. Urdiga underestimated Naberezhnyi's desire to control all and now keeps him in check through trickery and charm. Naberezhnyi's most persistent adversary is Azwan, God of War and Nobility. The followers of the two are always at war. For most of his life as a mortal Naberezhnyi was a warrior known to do good and often thought to be a paladin. As the years accumulated Naberezhnyi became obsessed with eternal life and sought the help of his god, but was denied. Naberezhnyi then sought Urdiga, and with her help he and with much magic he defeated his former god and captured him. Naberezhnyi later performed a ceremony to steal the gods power and become a god himself. The ceremony involved beheading the god with a powerful Greatsword embued with the magic of the gods by Urdiga.

Naberezhnyi is the god of Tyranny, and Slavery. His followers are many. Naberezhnyi's followers may be either LE, LN or NE. Worshippers are either those controlling the many or the slaves forced into worship. Many slaves come to embrace Naberezhnyi and seek to gain control over their oppressors through uprisings or single battles. Advancement is always by force through defeating someone in the position desired or by defeating a powerful follower of an opposing god. Naberezhnyi and his followers seek rulership and order through power and force. Naberezhnyi has enlisted the aid of Arrhim a devil envoy of his confidence, with the mission of propagating the cult of Arrhim and the god´s ideals.

Those that worship Naberezhnyi often seek to cheat death, or to gain power through force. They seek to force others to follow Naberezhnyi or recruit with offers of great power.

If Naberezhnyi is depicted, or appears to mortals, he is always a large humanoid with a human face wearing full plate mail and carrying his greatsword (god killer).

Naberezhnyi accepts donations of slaves, as well as the bodies of those conquered to be forced into slavery through undeath. However, he also accepts lands and property gained through force.

Naberezhnyi controls a small area of barren land that is secluded and far from Orussus (location could be worked out). He is Known to enslave his enemies and for his ruthless rule over the land.

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone

Adventurer
Could you change the name a bit?

"Beware! he´s a cleric of U"

"What? I don´t have clerics."

"No, not of you, of U"

"Who´re you talking to? There are only two of us here"

"I mean he´s a cleric of the Evil U!"

"Do you mean I have a evil twin that ascended to godhood?"

BigB

First Post
Someone said:
Could you change the name a bit?

"Beware! he´s a cleric of U"

"What? I don´t have clerics."

"No, not of you, of U"

"Who´re you talking to? There are only two of us here"

"I mean he´s a cleric of the Evil U!"

"Do you mean I have a evil twin that ascended to godhood?"

Certainly we can change the name. I just couldnt think of one at the time and wanted to post this. Although I must say I like the humor in the confusion of a LE God being named U. :lol: But that is just my sense of humor.

Any suggestions for a name?

Someone

Adventurer
:)

Could you have a look at the proposal about a LE philosophy I proposed? It´s quite similar to yours. The reason I conceived it as a philosophy and not a god, is the following: God says you must/can treat others under you (or weaker than you) like :):):):). God is stronger than you. Therefore, worshipping him you´re saying that yourself should be treated like :):):):). Sounds a bit masochistic, if you ask me. on the other hand, people opressed would pray to that god, but in that case, wouldn´t make more sense to pray to a CG god of freedom? That´s what slaves usually want, not treat his companions (or to be former companions) like :):):):) themselves.

BigB

First Post
Someone said:

Could you have a look at the proposal about a LE philosophy I proposed? It´s quite similar to yours. The reason I conceived it as a philosophy and not a god, is the following: God says you must/can treat others under you (or weaker than you) like :):):):). God is stronger than you. Therefore, worshipping him you´re saying that yourself should be treated like :):):):). Sounds a bit masochistic, if you ask me. on the other hand, people opressed would pray to that god, but in that case, wouldn´t make more sense to pray to a CG god of freedom? That´s what slaves usually want, not treat his companions (or to be former companions) like :):):):) themselves.

I have not as yet looked at the proposal. I was thinking along the lines of someone being oppressed (such as a slave) who wants revenge. This god promises power and a chance to take the power from the opressor, if you can, and be in control "the top dog". As a lawful god their must be rules surrounding the act as it cannot insight chaos. Possibly limited to single combat when both individuals are followers of this god.

I think my proposed philosophy and yours could open room for two different gods or philosophies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:

Gods are often ideals and ideas, so people worship them dispite implications like that.

He's also a demigod, so it's not like he wields a lot of power. Your philosophy could easily be aimed at eventualy replacing him, and that seems an atainable goal.

Bront

The man with the probe
BigB said:
I have not as yet looked at the proposal. I was thinking along the lines of someone being oppressed (such as a slave) who wants revenge. This god promises power and a chance to take the power from the opressor, if you can, and be in control "the top dog". As a lawful god their must be rules surrounding the act as it cannot insight chaos. Possibly limited to single combat when both individuals are followers of this god.

I think my proposed philosophy and yours could open room for two different gods or philosophies.
I think a better way to describe it is rulership and order through power and force.

I think War or Strength might be better than darkness personaly, particularly with these two potential descriptions.

BigB

First Post
Someone said:

Could you have a look at the proposal about a LE philosophy I proposed?
I read your philosophy and I like it. I still think that the two are very similar but at odds in the sense of "looking for freedom" vs "looking to be the oppressor". My proposal is all about taking power from others and defending your position from those beneath you. In this philosophy it is possible for another to replace the god if she/he can just as how this god came to be.

Remove ads