• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name one thing you love and one thing you hate about 4e D&D

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
I disagree. You have made a positive assertion that 4E spikiness is far worse than 3E. It's up to you to prove it.

This is why people have been leaving these forums. Even on a thread stating "Name something you like and dislike about 4e," people can't stop themselves from foaming at the mouth to challenge or attack people who, get this, naming something they dislike about 4e.

He doesn't have to prove any damn thing, and you can't make him. Neaner neaner neaner.

Imaro

Legend
This is why people have been leaving these forums. Even on a thread stating "Name something you like and dislike about 4e," people can't stop themselves from foaming at the mouth to challenge or attack people who, get this, naming something they dislike about 4e.

He doesn't have to prove any damn thing, and you can't make him. Neaner neaner neaner.

You summed up exactly what I was thinking about a few posters in this thread, I mean why are people being attacked and made to feel like they have to justify for how they feel about something?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I feel hungry, and I'm NOT going to justify it! So there!;)
Mmm...Chipotle burrito. Just the way I like it: chicken, peppers & onions, corn salsa, guac, sour cream, and lettuce. A finer burrito does not exist.

I say, if you can't justify your hunger, you should at least satisfy it.

As for this love/hate thread regarding 4E, it is usually only a matter of time until the discussion sours. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun reading it over the past couple of days. But eventually, on a long enough time line anyway, everyone starts feeling the need to "prove" how "correct" they are. But like my love for this exemplary burrito before me, there is just no way to prove to an opinion.

Sure, I can wax poetic about the creaminess of the guacamole and sour cream, and how they compliment the crunchiness of the peppers and lettuce, or how the smokiness of the chicken is enhanced by the sweetness of the corn. But to someone who doesn't like Mexican food, it would all be wasted.

Some would argue that I clearly don't know what "good food" is. Some might say that the burrito is played-out, that the New Hotness in town is sushi and everyone who doesn't like sushi is out of touch. Others might argue that it isn't a "real" burrito, because it doesn't have beans or cheese in it. Still others might say that it is actually Tex-mex, which is an aberration of authentic Mexican food and a blight upon the land which must be eradicated by fire.

But I'd still be sitting here, cheerfully munching on the perfect burrito, dribbling little bits of rice onto the napkin in my lap.

Last edited:

Yes, the OP asked about 4E specifically. Naming a problem that many people already had with 3E hardly seems to fit the bill.

If you make an unsupported claim (4E has way more spikiness than 3E, for example) on a public discussion forum, you're going to be challenged.

And, once again, check my sig.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Yes, the OP asked about 4E specifically. Naming a problem that many people already had with 3E hardly seems to fit the bill.

If you make an unsupported claim (4E has way more spikiness than 3E, for example) on a public discussion forum, you're going to be challenged.

And, once again, check my sig.

I'm more reading your title.

Again, no. He doesn't have to prove anything. He can make whatever claims he wants. That's the entire purpose of this thread. You aren't attacking him based on what he LIKES in 4e, you're pissy he dislikes it.

Suck it up and stop attacking people for doing exactly what the thread asks.

Again, no. He doesn't have to prove anything. He can make whatever claims he wants. That's the entire purpose of this thread.
Cool. I hate 4E because all 1st-level powers are more powerful than all 19th-level powers. IMHO.

You aren't attacking him based on what he LIKES in 4e, you're pissy he dislikes it.

Suck it up and stop attacking people for doing exactly what the thread asks.
You have an interesting definition of "attack", my friend.

Again, this isn't a blog. If you post something, even just an opinion, that seems to be based on nothing, someone is going to call you on it.

Suck it up and realize that some people are going to disagree with you. And you are not immune to them posting such disagreement.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Neaner neaner neaner.

Okay, everyone, that's our cue to say that the level of discourse in this thread needs to be elevated.

We expect that everyone posing in this thread will, from this point forward, show respect for the other posters, and their opinions. If you feel you cannot do that, please do not post.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
You have an interesting definition of "attack", my friend.

Again, this isn't a blog. If you post something, even just an opinion, that seems to be based on nothing, someone is going to call you on it.

Suck it up and realize that some people are going to disagree with you. And you are not immune to them posting such disagreement.

Some did exactly what the topic says to do - list something about 4e that you like, and that you dislike.

You felt the need to respond to him and demand for him to explain himself.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You can disagree with me or anyone else as much as you want, but no, you can't just post it wherever you please - that's called threadcrapping. The very purpose of this thread is to not describe or explain your feelings.

As for me? I like 4e warlocks and some of the new paladin mechanics. I dislike, well, a whole lot.

sukael

First Post
Love: The basic "1/2 level + stat vs. defense" concept.

Hate: The implicit economy... that said, it's something that's been horribly out-of-kilter in every version of D&D since the original.

Remove ads