• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Narsus vs. Shou Zu (Kalanyr Judging)

Narsus' Hand
1: The spider drowns the orchard; silences the stab of the horn!

2: The staff rides below the pillars; grasps the edge of the blade!

3: The rat tracks in the midst of the cliff; dodges the offensive of the iron and defends against the pain of the abomination!

4: The raven moves atop the atoll; shields the roar of the spring!

5: The lizard splits the ocean; wards off the onslaught of the body!
xxx

1: The spider drowns the orchard; silences the stab of the horn!

Narsus casts his hands upwards as a somatic component of yet another spell. Nothing appears at first but the air quakes as a withering cone of thunder shoots across towards Sho-zu, threatening to deafen him with sound.

Phoenix8008

First Post
1: The irresistible east wind splits the volcano; shields the motion of the canine!

Sho-zu lifts his staff by one end before slamming the other end into the ground with an overhead chop. Suddenly, a line of force and wind streaks out from the end of the staff pointed toward Narsus while the ground itself breaks and cracks in a line following the energy wave. The invisible force attempts to cut straight through the cone of thunder and strike right back at it's source.

Phoenix8008

First Post
2: The mantis burns the castle; averts the tempest of the flame!

Sho-zu traces a rune in the ground with his staff. Slowly, the mark fills with fire retracing the rune before a column of flame erupts and takes the shape of a giant mantis. Red-hot forearm blades come slicing at Narsus to burn and defeat him once and for all.

"How in bejessus name did I cast a spell? Boy, are you getting inside my head or somtin? All these years learnin fightin moves and now I go castin spells to win my fights for me. Jeez-o-pete! What next I ask ya..."*

*(Remainder of rant deleted due to length...)

Last edited:

5: The lizard splits the ocean; wards off the onslaught of the body!

Narsus stands his ground, his eyes wide at Sho-zu's impressive display of power twice in a row. He barely managed to react in time before the fire overcomes him, quickly chanting as he places his hands on the ground, creating a water sprout that surrounds him on all sides. He hopes to form it into a tidal wave and command it to crash against Sho-zu, should it withstand the fiery assault.

Kalanyr

Explorer
After long considering we award this round to Narsal. The ocean is far more difficult to split, than a castle is to burn despite the might feat that be!

2 Neutral

2: The staff rides below the pillars; grasps the edge of the blade!

Narsus dives in forward, closing the remaining gap as Sho-Zu is distracted from his tidal wave. He waits to provoke his opponent into attacking, prepared already to defend and turn his opponent's offense against him.

Remove ads