• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Naruto jutsu as martial adept disciplines!?

Necromas

First Post
I dunno, I had a crazy idea that you could create martial adept disciplines based off of the fighting techniques in Naruto. Has anyone done this before? I did a bit of searching myself and came up empty handed.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Never seen it using the martial adept as base but I did see a Naruto d20 system somewhere on the net. Since I'm not into Naruto I didn't pay much attention.

Necromas

First Post
Nifft said:
The author might disagree with you -- there are techniques to explicitly model Orochimaru, Kabuto and Tsunade

Cheers, -- N

The only mention of Naruto at all is where he mentions that one of the techniques could be changed to look like hidden snake hands, and there's nothing about Tsunade or Kabuto in the whole post.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Necromas said:
The only mention of Naruto at all is where he mentions that one of the techniques could be changed to look like hidden snake hands, and there's nothing about Tsunade or Kabuto in the whole post.

Really? You can't spot the school that has every technique they ever used in the show, all in one place?

Ciao, -- N

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, obviously there isn't anything of that sort that would please you, since it seems you're looking for a direct, called-out, perfect conversion, and I'm fairly sure you won't find any such thing that suits you. You can duplicate a lot of the Naruto series' stuff with Tome of Battle material and custom stuff based on it, but it really wouldn't fit that great.

Also, keep in mind that characters in Naruto have a limited supply of chakra; they can't do tons of jutsu all day, at least not really significant jutsu all day. ToB:Bo9S doesn't quite fit that, and it doesn't use any magical stuff that wouldn't be reasonably handled through ki/chakra/pneuma/whatever. Summoning jutsus and some of the other stuff in Naruto just wouldn't fit right.

In any case, I haven't checked the site out much myself, but you might find something you like at the NarutoD20 website.

Necromas

First Post
Nifft said:
Really? You can't spot the school that has every technique they ever used in the show, all in one place?

Ciao, -- N

Go to the link, click edit->find, the word naruto isn't even used.

Arkhandus said:
Well, obviously there isn't anything of that sort that would please you, since it seems you're looking for a direct, called-out, perfect conversion, and I'm fairly sure you won't find any such thing that suits you.

Ya, thanks for assuming you know what I'm thinking.

Moving on, I already know you can cover a lot of it with what's already in TOB, but that would almost all be under taijutsu, with desert wind covering fire techniques and shadow hand with a bit of genjutsu.

Last edited:

Necromas said:
Go to the link, click edit->find, the word naruto isn't even used.

Does it need to be? I mean, if the techniques in the post match up pretty well to the techniques in the show... What does it matter if they say Naruto...?

Later
silver

PS. Just so you'll be aware that I'm talking about Naruto... Naruto Naruto Jutsu Justu Hidden Village. There you go.

Remove ads