Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Mosier

First Post
"This place isn't as interesting as that church," Agnasci comments. He doesn't bother trying to conceal his disappointment.

Before commenting further, Agnasci will cast "sense consciousness" again, hoping to determine whether the "for sale" house is actually vacant.

TillForPie

First Post
Agnasci is able to detect the simple minds of various desert wildlife in the area, most of it subterranean, as well as the minds of humans and animals from most of the homes on the street. As far as he can tell 1505 Robert E. Lee Road has been vacated, though there are a slightly higher number of insect minds in the home. It might have an infestation of termites or something similar.

Mosier

First Post
While Law approaches the house from the front, Agnasci looks for a gate to go into the back yard. However, he wont try to bypass any locks to do it.

TillForPie

First Post
Agnasci approaches the wooden gate that leads to the home's backyard. It's padlocked but wouldn't be difficult to climb - doing it silently might be trickier. There's a gap of about two inches between the closed gate and the side of the fence, but the backyard is utterly dark. If Agnasci were to shine a light through he could see, but doing so stealthily would be impossible.

Meanwhile Crow has returned from its survey around the house. Though it doesn't communicate it in so many words, Harper knows that it saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
Law tests the doorknob, surely the door is locked but there's no harm in trying. Afterwards he''ll circle the house and try and find an unlocked window. If that fails, and there are no unlocked windows he will determine whether or not he could fit through a basement window. If he can he will choose the one farthest away from occupied houses and break in. He will tell the others of his plan. To Chance he says,

"Penrose wants this done tonight and I'm pretty sure the realtor won't want to join us tonight."

To everyone else,

"I could decay the doorknob but I'm afraid the chance of paradox is getting harder and harder to repress. It will obviously be the quietest route but the threat of paradox is very real."

Shayuri

First Post
"Mmmno," Chance replies with a rueful smile. "I was kinda hoping not to hafta do this in front of you. So...be a gentleman and turn around."

She produces a little plastic packet...the kind you use to carry toothbrushes and stuff in when traveling...and opens it up to reveal a set of little metal tools that look more like dentist's equipment than anything else.

"No key, no magic, no problem," she murmurs. "Agnasci, be a darlin' and jes keep an eye out around to make sure no one's lookin' too hard?"

She then hunkers down by the back door and goes to work.

(Larceny to pick ze lock!)

TillForPie

First Post
With no pressure or distractions Chance is able to easily pop the lock in a minute or two.

Chance is handy. Had the group broke a window to get in I would have called for a Wisdom degeneration roll against sin level 7 (about the same level as shoplifting). Breaking in in this manner with no intention of causing damage or stealing would be a level 8 sin, which is higher than the Wisdom of anyone in the group, so no roll is required. There was no roll for breaking into the church as the property had clearly been abandoned for years.

The front door swings open into a dark living room. The tiny amount of ambient light from the street confirms that the room is completely empty, but it's impossible to see anything beyond that without a better light source.

Mosier

First Post
With no pressure or distractions Chance is able to easily pop the lock in a minute or two.

Chance is handy. Had the group broke a window to get in I would have called for a Wisdom degeneration roll against sin level 7 (about the same level as shoplifting). Breaking in in this manner with no intention of causing damage or stealing would be a level 8 sin, which is higher than the Wisdom of anyone in the group, so no roll is required. There was no roll for breaking into the church as the property had clearly been abandoned for years.

The front door swings open into a dark living room. The tiny amount of ambient light from the street confirms that the room is completely empty, but it's impossible to see anything beyond that without a better light source.

Agnasci stays out at the truck, keeping an eye on the street. He doesn't expect trouble, but if it came anyway, he would rather be the one doing the explaining.

"Probably nothing worth bothering about in there anyway," Agnasci grumbles. What a boring report they would be making to Penrose.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper breathes deep of the night air and shifts against the side of the Tahoe. "At least nobody lives there now. Or at least, aren't home now. Couple of dogs in the house over there and lots of people in all the other houses. Watching the unknown truck and wondering what's going on, no doubt." Getting an idea, Harper slips into the front seat of the Tahoe to see if Law has a police scanner in his vehicle.

[/section]

Rubberneck

First Post
Law is thrilled he doesn't have to break in and gives Chance a look, in a playful tone,

"Do I need to check my pocket every few minutes to make sure my wallet is still there?"

Law steps inside the house and once again removes his gun from the safety of its holster. Switching the light on he proceeds to clear the house.

Remove ads