NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

drowdude

First Post
Well I am not 100% sure I can commit right now. Depends on a couple of factors I have no control of.

That said.... I want in on Henry's game. Picking the d20 Modern game back up from the previous game-day would be great...
But I have to put in a vote for Mutants & Masterminds ('tis a great game!) :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Re: Thanks for pointing me here, Rel!

Jon Potter said:
I think it's been more than twelve years since I sat down at a game as a player. How novel!

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what exactly is "The Stinking Hide of Grumsh"?

Can you tell what character I'm leaning toward? Although Thag is worth a look as well...

You are absolutely welcome in my game, Jon, regardless of how long it's been since you played. As it happens, I created the Orcz game to run for a group of my friends while down at the beach on vacation. One of them had never played ANY sort of RPG and another hadn't played in over a dozen years. It won't be a problem.

As for The Stinking Hide of Grumsh, it is a special magic armor I designed for the character. I'm not going to reveal exactly what it does, but suffice it to say, it doesn't smell that great.

If it sways you at all one way or the other, Thag, being a Wizard's Apprentice and all, has a "magic staff" called The Thagomizing Thagomizer of Thag. It is...different from most Wizard's staves.

The whole band of orcz is loaded with items rather different that the average adventuring party walks around with. ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Re: Thanks for pointing me here, Rel!

double post

(Drowdude is such a trendsetter)

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
*hipcheck bump*

And for the game I'll be running, here's the lowdown on it. Planescape 3e, set in Sigil. Original plot, entitled
"...to say nothing of fiends requesting gifts..."

I've already got another member of the PS3e on board to play, but aside from her I'm open to up to 5 more players. Any more than that and I can't keep my Stalinesque Uncle Joe the DM routine up ;)

I'll have some pre-gen characters available come game day to save time, but if anyone is interested, characters will have 7 levels for use as class or race (within reason), and if you'd like to play, or think you would like to play, email me with a concept and we'll talk at wesfoxy(at)yahoo.com

*fiendishly preens*

Clueless

Webmonkey
I'm that other person The Fiend has signed up already for his game. Putting aside our differences in game, in favor of some real life fun... I'm looking forwards to it. :)

For anyone else thinking of joining in - you'll be in a for a seriously fun ride. I have my character picked out, though not his class as frankly he can be virtually any class. I'm planning to wait on deciding that until the rest of the roster is filled. So... someone go fill it already! ;) *points at a convienent signup sheet*

See ya's there.

Last edited:

Templetroll

Explorer
Hail, all!

I'd be interested in playing Gouge in Rel's game. I like rogues. :)

I'd love to try the M&M game, if it occurs.

My wife plans on trying to attend, she has to check work first. Not sure if my daughter will attend, not sure what that will depend on. :)

I'll pass the thread to others at work and in my current group.

Howdy

I'll be back in the states late tomorrow! Glad to see everything coming together so nicely, Rel. I had offered to run a 3e Realms game of some description (probably about 4-5 pregen characters), and I'm still up for it if we don't have too many DM offers like we did last time.

Beyond that, Rel I'd take a spot in your game if it's open. If that causes scheduling issues I'd be willing to bow out for a chance to run a game instead.

Oh well, my time's running out on the pay connection. Talk to everyone soon!

NCSUCodeMonkey
aka Matt

Jeph

Explorer
Lego Enthusiasts:

Hey, you ever heard of BrikWars? Its been quite a while since I last played, and think a game at the Gameday would be the awesomeness. In short, BrikWars is a wargame that uses lego models as the game pieces. To play, you need some lego dudes (called minifigs), a few models, some terrain, pencil, paper, flat surface, and d6s, d10s, and d20s.

If you are interested, click on the above link and download the .pdf of the 2001 rules set. If we do have a game, those will be the rules that will be used. For simplicity's sake, I don't think Supernatural Powers will be included.

Further Specifics:
- I can provide a few models to those who wish to play but don't have any. Aside from my yellow force, I have servicable Blue, Black, and Red armies, although none of them has any force of figs (vehicles only).
- I am StatMan. If you send me a picture of a unit, I can stat it for you. Everything will have to be statted before Gameday, but as I said I can help anyone with that.
- I'm yellow.
- I'm looking for 1-3 other players.
- The game will be Tech Levels 6 and below.
- Approx. 500 CP armies, with up to 50 pt. varriance.
- Those who bring terrain get Special Treats (tm), even if you're not playing. :D

So, anyone interested?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Kerbump!

Btw, Jeph, I sent a link to this thread to a group of friends who are into wargaming and legos to try and drum up some participants to your Brikwars game.

Remove ads