• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day VII - April 23!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Clueless said:
Definately want to do that again. :) And that poor waitress - I was half worried she was gonna break down towards the end there.

I especially liked the look on her face when I said, "Oh, and just to be a complete pain in the ass..."

Riggs

First Post
Old One said:
For those playing in my Black Eyes of the Demon Scorpion game (Rel, Cthulhu's Librarian, Henry, Riggs and Nakia), I just wanted to get a sense of who has what books. Ideally, if you can beg, borrow or steal GT and/or BCCS, that would be lovely...but we will work around as needed. Many of the GT feats are in the d20 Modern SRD.

We will probably have 2 primary casters and it would be very helpful for those folks to get a good look at the BCCS magic system and pre-make some spell effects based on the spells I saddle them...er, provide them with ;)!

So, please respond at your earliest convenience:

1) Do you have or can you borrow a copy of Grim Tales (I know Henry just got his)?

2) Do you have or can you borrow a copy of BCCS?

3) Do you have a real strong preference on the "type" of PC you play (strong, fast, tough, smart, dedicated, charismatic)?

Thanks!

~ OO

PS - For those that played in my "A Tight Spot" siege extravaganza, I will be recycling several of those PCs - updated and altered for the GT/BCCS hybrid.

*Raises head off desk blearily* "I'm here!" "Huh?...43!...Battle of the Granicus!"

I'm still around, so ok answers:

1) Nope
2) Nope [Yes! now I do and will bring]
3) I'll have a go at anything you need. I'm not familiar with GT or this ruleset, but I am familiar with your Emor setting (the Rel-ified one) and the Black Company books.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Riggs said:
*Raises head off desk blearily* "I'm here!" "Huh?...43!...Battle of the Granicus!"

I'm still around, so ok answers:

1) Nope
2) Nope
3) I'll have a go at anything you need. I'm not familiar with GT or this ruleset, but I am familiar with your Emor setting (the Rel-ified one) and the Black Company books.

Thanks to the generosity of Belen Umeria, I now have a copy of Grim Tales on loan until Game Day. I've looked through it and it is not very different at all from d20 Modern (which you're familiar with via the Sky Galleons games). I'll bring it to game night sometime soon and let you look it over.

Tiberious

First Post
Yeap Henry The archer to the left was me during that game. ;)

As for the cookout I'm fine either way. Totaly understand about family schedules my 20 month old runs this house at times I think. :) Old one and I will be fine with whatever situation works out. ;) Also I do not require guinness I can drink it on special occasions but I do not attend guinness aynonamous like Old One. There is still one in my fringe from when he last visited I drank one of them but never got around to the other hehe.

Old One: I will play whatever I'm flexibale feel free to assign me my old PC or a new one whatever works.

Oh for your Sky Galleons game Rel I am fine playing whatever also. I belive Old One signed me up. I hope he did. ;)

Looking foward to some good gaming.

Belen

Adventurer
Rel said:
I enjoyed seeing everybody last night at dinner. We'll definately have to make this a regular occasion. The only thing I didn't like was that it was kinda loud in Chili's so I found myself straining a bit to hear the folks at the other end of the table (especially Vivian who was rather soft spoken). This may be a necessary evil though.

Tell you what: If it turns out that there's no way for me to swing doing the cookout on the eve of the next Game Day, I would be happy to offer and host a similar cookout as one of our DM Dinners. The food would be cheaper and the environment less noisy and more comfortable. Plus I'll throw in free coffee like the waitress did last night. ;)

The dinner was a ton of fun. Chilis was a bad place for it though. I especially liked hearing the waitress (after dealing with all our checks) tell the manager "All my tables are cashed out, so I have nothing to do. Can I go home?" Not even an offer of refill after the checks came (sigh). That is one of the reasons that I felt it time to go.

Christy and I were talking about the next possible dinner. Maybe we could do it at All Fun and games on a Sunday after it has closed. There is a pizza place (also does pasta and subs) down the way from the store and we could get a slight discount on ordering it. They have plenty of space and the place would be ours until we decided to jet. Not a bad environment.

Clueless

Webmonkey
I musta missed that with the waitress - it was pretty clear she wasn't too happy with being there by the end of the night... But yeah, hanging out over food at a game store sounds wonderful. Not too expensive - and should a bout of gaming break out unexpectedly... we're well equipped. ;)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Rel said:
I especially liked the look on her face when I said, "Oh, and just to be a complete pain in the ass..."

Dude, that was just plain eeeeeeeeeeeviiiiilllllllllll..........
diablo.txt

I just got home from helping with Stellarcon as one of the con com. Had fun. Didn't get to game tho...... :( but I expected that..... but then had to borrow a book from one of my dealers to work on character description for a sketch I'm having done of 2 of my characters..... ;) (I didn't take my gaming stuff but then I usually don't unless it's MACE and I KNOW I'm gonna be gaming that weekend) I did talk a bit about Game Day to a few people who I think were "local" (in the state, anyway... ;) )

I'd be curious to find out if any of you folks were able to make it this past weekend and, if you did, give your thoughts on the con..... :cool:

Quasqueton

First Post
For those of you who weren't there, but are trying to keep score:

Rel and Belen Umeria had to be all fancy and use plastic to pay for their meals. [I was surprised (and happy in hindsight) to find out I had cash in my wallet.] This apparently completely befuddled the waitress. She brought back everyone else's change, and their card receipts.

Belen Umeria signed the store copy and stuck his copy in his pocket. After a few minutes of gabbing, Rel looked to sign his receipt. But the waitress had not processed it; he had only the original bill/check.

When Rel pointed it out to her, she went to process it. She came back shortly, even more confusedled. She went around the table checking everyone, and discovered that she had given Rel's receipt to Belen Umeria, and BU's receipt to Rel.

Rel and BU corrected the error by simply swapping receipts. That's when Rel got all convoluted and asked for coffee. Coffee! After our table was cashed out! The nerve! ;-) The waitress offered free coffee to everyone at that point. I didn't take the offer, but I got hot coffee dribbled in my lap anyway when the waitress passed cups over me.

I still wonder what the people around our table thought we were discussing when we kept mentioning killings, demons, assassins, Cthulhu, and polishing rods. :)

Quasqueton

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Quasqueton said:
I didn't take the offer, but I got hot coffee dribbled in my lap anyway when the waitress passed cups over me.

I trust that you got a ride home from the hospital from your attorney. Let me know when he needs my deposition as a witness.

(Think of it, dude. You could be eatin' free baby back ribs for life!)

Also, here's Rel's tip of the day - Roofing: Avoid it.

*Rel hobbles away and eats another handful of Advil*

Henry

Autoexreginated
Also, here's Rel's tip of the day - Roofing: Avoid it.

*Rel hobbles away and eats another handful of Advil*

Lemme guess - fell off today?

My mother-in-law was once doing some roofing, fell off (fortunately on a sand pile) and not only threw out her back, but woke up ten minutes later!!!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads