• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day VII - April 23!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Er, yeah...except it's my bride! :D

Perfect! It has that "extra air of authenticity", then. ;)

Seriously, congrats to you two - I don't think I got a chance to tell you such at last Gameday. I hope it's the day she dreams of (since, as my wife keeps telling me, the wedding day is for the BRIDE, more so than anyone).

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry said:
Lemme guess - fell off today?

My mother-in-law was once doing some roofing, fell off (fortunately on a sand pile) and not only threw out her back, but woke up ten minutes later!!!!

If I'd fallen off then I'd have had a good excuse to quit. Instead I got the back-wrenching pleasure of doggedly sticking to the task until it was complete...

Kind of reminds me of MY wedding day now that I think about it...

(I KID, people. I kid because I love.)

Shemeska

Adventurer
I am the 'loth that rocks your socks

Alright, I've formally submitted my game. I asked for a morning slot, but I'll take an afternoon one as well if it fits stuff better.

A Rose on the Field of Nettles is the formal title for the game.

The Aasimar gave a grim smile and handed each of them their retainer fee.

“As I said before, half payment now and half when you return with your prize. Suffice it to say that discretion is appreciated on the behalf of my client.”

“I want you to retrieve something for me on the northern border of the Field of Nettles on the layer of Oinos in the Gray Waste of Hades. Two days prior there was a Baatezu forward encampment in the region. That encampment was summarily abandoned after their forces elsewhere buckled and broke under a Tanar’ri assault when the hired yugoloth mercenaries on the ‘zu side turned stag and betrayed them. The Baatezu are in full retreat, and plan to meet with another force of their own fresh from Avernus under the command of the Pit Fiend, Sargeth the Ironhooved.”

The Aasimar smiled, “And this is where you have your opportunity, not that I’ve said exactly what I want for you to retrieve for me from the Baatezu encampment…”

“My client, yes, who exactly is my client? Someone on the upper planes, and let’s leave it at that. But before the Baatezu fell into blind retreat, they captured something of value to my employer, and it’s likely still there.”

“You’ll have roughly five days from now to reach the abandoned encampment and retrieve these items of value from a cluster of buildings that had been serving as a barracks and planning center for an Erinyes field commandant of Sargeth’s. The Baatezu would have left these items behind, and Gods of Celestia forbid what would happen to them if the Tanar’ri overrun the encampment and find them. Even worse if the yugoloths get their first, but that gets a bit more into details than I wish to go.”

“How you get there is your own choice: there’s a branch of Styx that leads to within a day’s walk to the site, and the place is a three day’s journey from the city of Center. Any other way you can think of, you’re free to take. But remember, you have only five days from now till the Tanar’ri wash over the site in a frenzied torrent of rage and blood like some living wave…"

“Trust me here though, as for what you need to retrieve…you’ll know it when you see it. It’ll be like a blooming rose on the fields of Oinos, such is the contrast…”

I can take anywhere from 3 to 6 PCs of 8th level. You can make your own PC ahead of time or I'll have various pregen characters there at the table for you to use. More details as I come up with them and they seem relevant.

Old One

First Post
Working up the PCs...

Hey Gang,

Roughing in the PC line-up for my Black Eyes of the Demon Scorpion game...

Here is what we have so far:
  • Rel - Brandis Tollhart, halfling quartermaster and entry expert (Fast 4/Smart 5)
  • Henry - S. Antonius Bellicus ("Fighin' Tony"), human war wizard (Smart 9)
  • Cthuhlu's Librarian - Boldric of the Brigantes, human ex-barbarian, ex-slave, ex-gladiator (Strong 6/Tough 3)
  • Tiberious - Myrwyn of Eastenmarch, Caeldyn (half-elven) tracker and scout (Fast 5/Tough 4)
  • Nakia - Maxian of Tyrial, the "Hammer of the Sythians", human warrior and zealot (Strong 3/Dedicated 6)
  • Riggs - Vercinius of Osirian, human war priest (Dedicated 5/Charismatic 4)

The big magic users will be S. Antonius Bellicus and Vercinius, with Fightin' Tony getting the big, flashy stuff and Vercinius the support magic. I hope to have everyone's PC basics to them within the next 2 weeks (stats, feats, talents, skills, spell talent overview, etc). If you have a gripe about your PC assignment and want to horse-trade, feel free ;).

Also, let me know if there are any general questions I can answer!

~ OO

EDIT: Corrected Maxian of Tyrial's class levels to Strong 3/Dedicated 6 :p

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Silly question, and forgive my atrophy of knowledge of all things Roman:

What does the "S" stand for?

I'm happy with Antonius myself, and can't wait to see the stats!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Shemeska said:
Alright, I've formally submitted my game. I asked for a morning slot, but I'll take an afternoon one as well if it fits stuff better.

I've got you all approved and a table assigned. If you have problems getting folks signed up for the game you might consider moving it to the afternoon slot where there are far fewer games at the moment.

Old One

First Post
Henry said:
Silly question, and forgive my atrophy of knowledge of all things Roman:

What does the "S" stand for?

I'm happy with Antonius myself, and can't wait to see the stats!

Henry,

The "S" stands for Spurius. Although I have ba*tardized the naming conventions a bit (well...more than a bit), I sorta kinda follow the Late Republican Roman naming conventions for "traditional" Emorian families.

Details can be found here Late Republican Naming Conventions

~ OO

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads