D&D 5E Necromancer Games--What do you want us to make next?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'd like to see more mid level monsters (levels 5-15).

I'd prefer it if we had more fluff/lore/background details of those monsters than we got in this initial book. Some advice from Jester Chanuck's review is probably helpful. Need grapple DCs, more consistent condition immunities, repeating-saves on incapacitating abilities, more lair actions, more legendary monsters. 5e lacks some solo-monster stuff, and that is a gap Necromancer can fill with some nice "Legendary Monster and their lair, and how to run this as a solo encounter" type stuff.

Mallus

Legend
#1 Something like City-State of the Invincible Overlord.

#2 Something crashed spaceship-filled like Blackmoor/Temple of the Frog/City of the Gods.

Zardnaar

Legend
I am on the fence about buying the 12 Quests of Doom but I think I will cave and get the $20 PDF soon. I am after cheap PDFs of sandbox type adventures similar to the Castles and Crusades PDFs of their 32 page adventures. If they do not make sense to publish though from a financial PoV I understand though so larger PDFs would also work for me.

I mostly want adventures in general though at a reasonable price and since I am not an American that would likely mean PDFs as opposed to books as postage is really expensive. 12 adventures for $20 (PDF) each or $2-10 per adventure on a PDF depending on the size I regard as a reasonable cost. I also liked the old Dungeon Magazine under Paizo's tenure. I have bought the 1st 10 PDFs of Troll Lords game A series and PDFs of various clones and adventures form RPGnopw.com so I will put my money where my mouth is.

If something is cheap enough quality is not a major driving factor (B/W art etc). I am not to worried about the genre either as one can always opt out but a selection would be nice (dungeon hack, wilderness, magitech, pirates etc)

Do not need large adventure path type adventures although I could be tempted by the odd one.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I pretty much am only buying pdfs now......

Adventures are top of the list. A book between 13th age monsters and yours, in terms of fluff, would be great. a book of pantheons and clerics and others in their service, with some powers and examples would be great.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I am most interested in short (32 page), quirky stand alone old school adventures like Isle of Dread or Last Breaths of Ashenport. I'd buy PDFs of 5e adventures of that kind for $10 no problem! As another poster mentioned, something like the Goodman Games 5e adventures - local, small scale, not "save the world" marathons.

Otherwise ... a 32 page PDF of optional rules would be most excellent. Expanded injury and setbacks table. Critical hit and fumble tables. A warlord class or perhaps fighter subclass. Alternate perception/trap DC rules. Other stuff!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
froggie said:
Necromancer Games--What do you want us to make next?

make-me-a-sandwich.jpg

Uller

Adventurer
Keep piling on. My email is bill@talesofthefroggod.com

We plan to add 1-2 more books this year. Specific "what you want (type, size, price, who writes it) is what I need to know.
The thing I miss the most from pre 5e is a large source of generic short adventures that I could throw into my campaign. I tend to run a sandbox style campaign and like to jave 3-4 open hooks that my players can choose to follow at anytime. When I had a DDI subscription old Dungeon magazine advenures were perfect for this, especially when combined with the index so I could look up adventures by level. Id have hooks for one or two level appropriate adventures, a couple that are harder and maybe one that is way above the party level. So my suggestion: a quarterly or semiannually published hard cover containing a handful of unconnected adventures by various designers. Keep them short (1-3 sessions each).

I tend to buy adventures far more than anything else, so would love to see more of those. Either new 5E material or conversions of some of your older ones (Lost City of Barakus was one of my faves).

I think a product like Paizo's NPC Codex would be a very useful resource. It would be great to have more NPC write ups than the handful in the MM.

meomwt

First Post
I'd like to see more paths for characters as they advance in level: more Warlock Pacts, Cleric domains, Rogue Archetypes, etc. There doesn't feel like there is enough yet.

Failing that, The Book of Villains & Allies - NPC's of lots of levels, fully statted, who can be adversaries or aids to any party. To my mind, mankind is one of best enemies for a party - here's a chance to showcase that.

Remove ads