• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necromancer's City of Brass

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I had pre-ordered it from Books-A-Million, but then it was listed as "out of stock" and I canceled the order. I got cold feet about spending that much money I guess. :)

Now I'll be waiting for reviews of the product before I attempt to order it again.

EricNoah

Adventurer
It is funny how "bring back boxed sets" was the mantra for a while, with those same people pooh-poohing hardcover books as a cheap way to get out of doing it right. I guess you can't please everybody. :)

Grimstaff

Explorer
elijah snow said:
I love Necromancer's products, but sometimes its a little hard to get information about them before you buy. And with a price tag this high, I would really like to know the TOC, format details, etc.

Am I missing it somewhere?
I dont think so, Necro's webmaster went AWOL several months back, and their website has been pretty sketchy on things ever since. The last mention of it seems to be a preview of the cover art from a couple of months ago.

johnnype

First Post
I'd like to read a review or two myself. I'm also waiting to hear what WotC's big announcements are before I sink any more money on D20. I suspect I'll own it by this time next week.

Ari, are you one of the writers? How much Epic material does it include?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
EricNoah said:
It is funny how "bring back boxed sets" was the mantra for a while, with those same people pooh-poohing hardcover books as a cheap way to get out of doing it right. I guess you can't please everybody. :)
Heh, I felt like a lone voice in the wilderness in those days. My boxed sets ended up a loose set of booklets and pieces of paper in record time, back in the old days. The hardcovers, though, are still in good shape.

grodog

Hero
EricNoah said:

I'm really looking forward to checking this out, and I for one am very excited that NG published CoB as a boxed set: the quality of the Wilderlands box set was quite good, and I'm hoping for the same here.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
grodog said:
I'm really looking forward to checking this out, and I for one am very excited that NG published CoB as a boxed set: the quality of the Wilderlands box set was quite good, and I'm hoping for the same here.

Ditto.

Although since I ordered from amazon, I could see it next week or next year....

:)

catsclaw227

First Post
DaveMage said:
Although since I ordered from amazon, I could see it next week or next year....

Oh man.... I got the impression from my purchase invoive that it would be shipped tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to wait a couple of weeks. :eek:

johnnype said:
Ari, are you one of the writers? How much Epic material does it include?

Nope. When I referred to my experience with boxed sets, I was talking about Egyptian Adventures: Hamunaptra, from Green Ronin. My only credits for Necromancer to date are The Doom of Listonshire and the Tome of Artifacts.

While it would've been amazingly cool to be a part of something as laden with classic references as City of Brass, I have to say, I'm looking forward to picking it up and reading it purely as a fan. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads