• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a good urban adventure for 10th level

Ilium

First Post
I have a game coming up in 2 days. Unfortunately I'm a little short on plans. The campaign is at a point where the players should start dictating events to some extent. They are going to a large city to discuss things with a local potentate, but in case they go into "what should we do next" mode I want a backup plan.

So I need a good PDF urban adventure for 8th to 10th level PCs. The party is actually 10th level but they are kind of underpowered and have access to spells only up to 4th level due to multiclassing.

So I'm officially pusing the EN World panic button. Can you help me? :)

Ilium

First Post
Vargo said:
The Banewarrens, by Monte Cook. Accept no substitutes.
Thanks for the sugguestion, but I think that might be a little long for me. I was looking for something we could finish in a couple of play sessions. Also, doesn't that take place in some kind of strange cemetary out in the middle of nowhere? Or am I mixing it up with something else?

Edit: Yep, just went and looked. It's described as a "Mega-adventure" and, believe it or not, I just did an adventure dealing with an ancient evil artifact hidden by a holy order. :)

Last edited:

satori01

First Post
The Banewarrens is great module, but I think it counts more as a mini campaign than something to pass the time in a city. You would also need to buff up the opening encounters.

The opening encounter of the Banewarrens is pretty good, just stealing that alone could be rather fun.

Speaker in Dreams a 3.0 WOTC module is based in a city. I am not sure if it is for sale as a PDF, my gut says it probably is not.

The Freeport series is urban based.

Ilium

First Post
I looked around for Speaker in Dreams on various electronic outlets. No luck. Must be dead-tree-version only. :(

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming. I have one day left! It may be a moot point, since the PCs are actually considering their NPC ally's nutty plan of attacking a bandit encampment with about 100 guys in it. That would probably take up the entire next play session, but in case they come to their senses I'll still need the urban action. :)

Remove ads