• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a melee skill-monkey that turns undead

Veven1290

First Post
As if those requirements weren't restrictive enough, it has to be level 5 max!
I am playing a decently optimized crusader in an E6 game. The two other party members are a Wizard and Warlock both not optimized at all. The campaign so far has been pretty undead focused so i was thinking about taking leadership and getting a cleric cohort. The problem is we also don't have a dedicated skill monkey, i have 1 level in bard so my social skills are good but that is about it. I thought, "an undead turning skill-monkey? cloistered cleric! done." But my character tends to use white raven tactics and dragonfire inspiration a lot, another melee combatant would be very useful as the other two players are at least smart enough to stay more than 10 feet away from me.
I thinking i could use the close cohort feat to get a 5th level factotum since they can turn and of course are the quintessential skill monkey. I don't really know how to optimize them for melee (i would like to avoid iajutsu focus cheese). What advice do you guys have? either on a factotum build, or another build that can at least adequately fill these three roles? Thanks for the help!

He doesn't have to be a super tank or anything, I usually have Iron Guards glare running.

Pergentile

Explorer
Many Lawful Good Outsiders can turn undead and have 8+Int skill points, and are generally melee focused with SLA's that improve their melee combat. See if your DM can just make you... oh its E6 (no clue what that is...) and your character is already mostly made. Ahaha, wow, hard request. I'm out. XD

Remove ads