• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need answer to riddle for my session

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Although I was raised in Southern Louisiana I'm from Connecticut, I was born a Yankee but bred a Southerner as I like to say. But I'm not saying I'm cold hearted because I was born up north mind you, just that I, unlike my fellow Southerners I enjoy cold weather. :D Hehe...

Last edited:

James McMurray

First Post
If your players answer egg, I'd say give it to them. When players come up with reasonable responses to scenarios they should be allowed, even if they aren't what the DM intended. Personally I think that egg is a much better answer than silence or shoe. Heck, silence is practically useless after it is broken. It is definitely useless for its main purpose, keeping things quiet. Also, a shoe gets broken in and becomes useful, but a shoe that is actually broken is useless, since it still allows the water to leak in, or makes you trip over a piece of the heel or something.

Just my dos pesos.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Like others said earlier: the first thing to come to mind was egg, but after -Ekimus- said it was not egg my friend and I started brainstorming and those are the answers we came up with. I agree if your players say "egg" I'd give it to them too.

How about "A promise made to an enemy"? (Probably can't get that answer from a lawful good character.)

Egg, horse, bread, and shoe are all good answers to. I'd allow any of them if I were DMing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads