• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help on what to do about ingame events.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
It sounds like all of the conflict was agreed upon beforehand, with the exception of the monk.

There is already the precedent of a character loosing class abilities, namely your character, due to violating an oath. There should be no trouble, therefore, for your DM to see that the Monk has also lost abilities. The evidence all seems to be right there.

If the player of the Monk is willing to accept the loss and either take the character in a new direction or try a mighty atonement quest (Which, I think officially you cannot atone for Exalted losses by RAW, but whatever, those details are up to you guys), than the Monk player is willing to continue to play nice with everyone else, and you can get more Roleplaying goodness out of it.

@anest1s 's options are all good. I'd like to suggest a 4th, where your character receives some heavy magical healing and wins the favor of another church/deity that honors the sacrifice you made to protect the lives of your comrades, even if they didn't want it. Have your cleric levels restored, perhaps with new domains. Pelor, Yondalla, Saint Cuthbert, heck maybe even Kord may get behind what you did. This definitely sounds like something Ilmater would support, especially if your wrists and neck forever showed signs of the injury. Maybe the Elven gods Fenmarel Mestarine, Vandria Gilmadrith or maybe Sehanine Moonbow would back you up.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
That monk is no saint; he's a murderer and would-be murderer of little girls.

Either discuss it out of game or kill him and take his stuff. But NO WAY is he a saint, and the dm should smack that template right off of him immediately.

Sekhmet

First Post
anest1s said:
Make a Scry/Die Wizard. Nuke everyone. THE END.
While I appreciate the "make a new character and hunt him down" tactic, I'm not sure it will solve the underlying issue - this group isn't playing together. The social aspect of the game (how you interact with the other players and DM) needs to be resolved before any in-game solution can really happen.

[MENTION=6674868]RUMBLETiGER[/MENTION] I have to support RumbleTigggggger here. Ilmater would be all over that sacrifice, and could very readily grant favor to you for it - restoring your cleric levels, granting your spells again, giving you faith, healing you of your wounds, and leaving your wrists and neck permanently scarred with dark red, torsion scars.

Last edited:

Sekhmet

First Post
I wish. I EXP the guy every time I can, just to make up for the past times that I couldn't exp him. He gives great suggestions every day.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Could somebody Exp RumbleTiger for me? I can't. Love your suggestions.

I wish. I EXP the guy every time I can, just to make up for the past times that I couldn't exp him. He gives great suggestions every day.
Thanks gents. This stuff is fun. A nice break from life's heavier things, you know? My wife is glad I'm into D&D and not watching sports, you can't pause and address things that happen in life when watching sports.

Sekhmet

First Post
Thanks gents. This stuff is fun. A nice break from life's heavier things, you know? My wife is glad I'm into D&D and not watching sports, you can't pause and address things that happen in life when watching sports.

My wife is the same way. Aside from being a player, herself, she's pretty glad I can think about D&D stuff while I work on other projects.
You're a pretty awesome guy.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
My wife is the same way. Aside from being a player, herself, she's pretty glad I can think about D&D stuff while I work on other projects.
You're a pretty awesome guy.
Thanks. I have a few librarians in my family, and so research in subjects I'm interested in both comes easy, and is cathartic.

I don't want to clog up someone else's thread, If anyone wants to shoot me a message for chatting, feel free.

Last edited:

scifi112233

First Post
Thanks for the help guys. I am going to talk with the DM about some of the suggestions. I talked with my DM and showed him the post earlier today. He laughed and then said that no one should forget the vengeful wrath of a DM. I have the feeling he has something planned. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Remove ads