• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Help with a Warlock Build

Taloras

First Post
How do you get your Bluff at 21 and Intimidate at 20 at Lvl 3?

6 ranks(max for 3rd level) + 4 charisma modifier = 10 for both of them. 5+ ranks in Bluff gets a +2 to Intimidate = 12 total. With Beguiling Influence, I can see it getting to an 18, for Intimidate(or Diplomacy, Bluff also gives you that one too) But I cant see anything giving a synergy bonus to Bluff(at least not in the PhB) and this leaves you with a 16 and an 18...not 21 and 20. So where are you getting this extra +5 and +3?

RookSeven

First Post
There's that FEAT that gives you a bonus to your Intimidate, and the Snake Familiar can give you a +3 to Bluff. Granted they're not the best allocation of FEAT's but they get the job done. :)

Taloras

First Post
Ok. So Persuasive and a snake familiar....you do realize that since this is a warlock, youd have to take Obtain Familiar at third level? and to get these bonuses, youd have to give up 2 feats for it? But your right...youd get that bonus. :)

Wrathamon

Adventurer
RookSeven said:
There's that FEAT that gives you a bonus to your Intimidate, and the Snake Familiar can give you a +3 to Bluff. Granted they're not the best allocation of FEAT's but they get the job done. :)

Warlocks dont get Familiars...

and Mageslayer... I think you arent reading the Warlock class abilities when trying to figure out wether Rapid Shot works or not.

You can invoke an Eldritch Blast as a Standard action only. Rapid Shot requires a Full Round Action to use.

You can't use a Full Round action to invoke multiple Eldritch Blasts. You get one a round unless you have Quicken Spell-like ability.

I dont have the book handy to quote it, but that is the jist of it.

RookSeven

First Post
I was under the impression that you could use the FEAT Obtain Familiar. But even if you can't that still leaves you at LV3 with an 18 Bluff & a 20 Intimidate.

Taloras

First Post
Yes you can. But that leaves you down two feats (at 3rd level, if your human, you have one left, if not, you have none left). So your banking on either being able to bluff them or intimidate them.

RookSeven

First Post
Well I did say that it wasn't a good allocation of FEATs & I didn't do it to my character. But it is something that could be looked at on my higher levels (assuming I live to see them).

RookSeven

First Post
I'm having trouble deciding which FEATs that I really like. I thought that Mortalbane was pretty awesome, but now I am trying to decide if it's a good idea to toss a few points into Greater Resiliency (believe that multiple purchases stack). If so would it be a good idea to add a few points here & there as my character gains levels? Any advice would be appricated.

moritheil

First Post
Why do you have a chain shirt and a ring of protection +1 rather than a +1 chain shirt? Just curious, as it would free up a slot, and I don't see a difference of 1 to touch AC being important at level 3.

Remove ads