• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help with my new tattoo (Phase 4 - New pic 11.07.05)

reveal

Adventurer
Not done yet. :)

After 2 hours of work, you can see what has happened. The belt on the outside is still in the process of getting filled in. That's a LOT of black, so it takes a while. I go back in a month to continue. Not sure if it'll get done then. But it's looking good.

Oh, and it's shiny because of the coat of Neosporin on it.

Attachments

• P0003203.JPG
    P0003203.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 73

reveal said:
After 2 hours of work, you can see what has happened. The belt on the outside is still in the process of getting filled in. That's a LOT of black, so it takes a while. I go back in a month to continue. Not sure if it'll get done then. But it's looking good.

Man, that had to hurt like a... well, something I can't say on ENWorld. Mine only needed about 30 minutes of filling in with color, and I remember it burned like nothing I've ever felt before. Still, it felt good once it was done, but I don't know that I could have put up with it for 2 hours, knowing that it still would need more work.

But it's looking great! Can't wait to see the final pictures!

nakia

First Post
You only sat for two hours? Wuss. :D

I'm kidding, of course. It looks like it's shaping up nicely. Which one of the artists at the shop is working on it (I'm looking at their web site).

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Totally awesome reveal. It looks great so far. Just curious: how is this bad boy going to cost you once its done. I ask 'cause I'm considering getting an oriental dragon done on my back.

reveal

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
Totally awesome reveal. It looks great so far. Just curious: how is this bad boy going to cost you once its done. I ask 'cause I'm considering getting an oriental dragon done on my back.

It's $100/hour. So far it's cost $400. The artist cut me a break and only charged me for two hours instead of three the first sitting.

If I had to guess, at least another $400 since I think it will take at least another 4 hours to finish. Good art ain't cheap. ;)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
reveal said:
It's $100/hour. So far it's cost $400. The artist cut me a break and only charged me for two hours instead of three the first sitting.

If I had to guess, at least another $400 since I think it will take at least another 4 hours to finish. Good art ain't cheap. ;)
Wow. It is worth it when you get the right person for the job. I'm looking forward to getting mine done, but I may have to settle for a couple of smaller ones for now.

reveal

Adventurer
Phase 3 is complete. Next we start the color. I am attaching a picture of how it will look when colored in. The badge I had inked on is the original design while the picture attached is the more modern official version. I like the original design better but I like the new versions colors. In 2 weeks, November 6, I go back in. I'm excited to start the real colors and not just black. :D

Attachments

• P0003579.JPG
    P0003579.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 52
  • BadgeColor.gif!OpenImageResource.gif
    BadgeColor.gif!OpenImageResource.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 61

Remove ads