• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Need Monster hybrid ideas, please help

atanakar

Hero
I'm very fond of the Giant Spider-Dragon hybrid in the Creature Codex by Green Ronin. I'm trying to place it some where in my current campaign. It's very ugly and dangerous with its venom spit and cone attacks. Love it!

Doug McCrae

Legend
Xvart of War = Xvart/Marilith
Tweenlock = Meenlock/Human (adolescent)
Flinders Keepers = Flind/Retriever
Toothik = Kruthik/Sabre-toothed Cat
Tiger Mom = Weretiger/Mummy
Garbagegoyle = Gargoyle/Otyugh
Kenku Dig It = Kenku/Kobold
Magminotaur = Magmin/Minotaur
Troglosprite = Troglodyte/Sprite
Phoenixie = Phoenix/Nixie
Dirge Stirge = Shrieker/Stirge
Shell Grell = Grell/Tortle
Sword Snail = Flail Snail/Sword Wraith
Darklight = Darkling/Will-o’-Wisp
Nightrunner = Nightwalker/Quickling

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Xvart of War = Xvart/Marilith
Tweenlock = Meenlock/Human (adolescent)
Flinders Keepers = Flind/Retriever
Toothik = Kruthik/Sabre-toothed Cat
Tiger Mom = Weretiger/Mummy
Garbagegoyle = Gargoyle/Otyugh
Kenku Dig It = Kenku/Kobold
Magminotaur = Magmin/Minotaur
Troglosprite = Troglodyte/Sprite
Phoenixie = Phoenix/Nixie
Dirge Stirge = Shrieker/Stirge
Shell Grell = Grell/Tortle
Sword Snail = Flail Snail/Sword Wraith
Darklight = Darkling/Will-o’-Wisp
Nightrunner = Nightwalker/Quickling

now you’re just listing you Pokémon Wishlist

aco175

Legend
I would be tempted with an Island of Dr. Moreau thing. Maybe cross an orc with a bear or an orc with a lion. A few of these exotic animals with local humanoids could make a BBEG more than just a madman.

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
Hi, sorry about the long silence. With everything going on d&d kinda got put on hold.
But something I want to clarify my BBEG is not a mad scientist, he's eccentric but he mainly wants to find a way to make the ultimate creatures. So his goal is to take creatures and make what makes them strong, stronger and make their weaknesses less realavent. It's not about making monsters, it's about chasing perfection and primal purity.

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
The kracken is primal storms. The elder brain is pure psychic power, but requires brine to live. Both have tentacles. The blue dragon is aligned with lightning hence the connection to the kracken, the black dragon lives in swamps and filthy, stagnant water hence the connection to the elder brain, both dragons are dragons, so he combined them all to make a more pure, stronger creature. That is his thought process, not "making monsters".

Remove ads