• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Need Monster hybrid ideas, please help

Coroc

Hero
The kracken is primal storms. The elder brain is pure psychic power, but requires brine to live. Both have tentacles. The blue dragon is aligned with lightning hence the connection to the kracken, the black dragon lives in swamps and filthy, stagnant water hence the connection to the elder brain, both dragons are dragons, so he combined them all to make a more pure, stronger creature. That is his thought process, not "making monsters".

Hm, and you really need 25 of these complicated combinations?

How do you stat them properly anyway? Does the kraken / elder brain breathe acid or lightning?

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
Hm, and you really need 25 of these complicated combinations?

How do you stat them properly anyway? Does the kraken / elder brain breathe acid or lightning?
Yes the BBEG only made 25 semi-successes.

I crossreference the stats for each creature and add or average as seams appropriate.
Both if I remember correctly or just lightning I have to find the stat block I made when I get home which won't be for another 4 1/2 hours.

dave2008

Legend
Hi, sorry about the long silence. With everything going on d&d kinda got put on hold.
But something I want to clarify my BBEG is not a mad scientist, he's eccentric but he mainly wants to find a way to make the ultimate creatures. So his goal is to take creatures and make what makes them strong, stronger and make their weaknesses less realavent. It's not about making monsters, it's about chasing perfection and primal purity.
Isn't that pretty much the definition of a mad scientist?

Remove ads