• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NeMoren's Vault III: Return to the dungeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regdar

First Post
Can't believe it's not Bah!

Lidda, of Regdar cares..

Alhandra.. you stepped past Regdars line, and that is no joke. One Regdar does not condone violence against women, you are an exception because your not one, two do not discuss Regdars ma, in any form of joke, Regdar will plant you.

Last edited:

Krusk

First Post
As his arrow flies toward its target in slow motion, the barbarian waxes poetic...

Krusk wait patiently.
Pitiful hobgobin die.
Iconic quarrel.

Ma'varkith

First Post
Re: Can't believe it's not Bah!

Regdar said:
two do not discuss Regdars ma, in any form of joke, Regdar will plant you.

Ma'varkith's facial tattoos flash a firey orange.

"Let's try to watch the 'Ma' comments..."

"Why are we standing around bickering? If we keep this up, we'll be squaring off, steel drawn on each other, instead of focusing our energies on the foul inhabitants of this Vault. I for one would rather have Alhandra and Vadania at my back and side than at my throat, Regdar."

"Perhaps we should find the others. That commotion from down the hall would suggest we are missing out on some action!"

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Speaking of which....

As one, the group decides to ignore the hallway on the other side of the pit. Their footsteps thud on the ancient stone flooring as they turn and run for the distant sound of Krusk's roaring.

Elsewhere, the battle continues. With a nice and solid *thunk*, Krusk's arrow hits the thigh of the creature spitting at him. It howls with pain, gurgles, and drops like a pole-axed steer. Puzzling... and then Krusk notices the crossbow bolt sticking out of its left eye. Glancing backwards, Krusk can see Lidda floating cross-legged in mid-air, just within sneak attack range. Four left.

In goblin, one of the creatures roars, "Floating half-snack!" He points. "And dwarf!" Then he begins to sizzle with electrical energy, the filthy hair on his body standing out in all directions, and blue arcs of electricity leap off of his body onto the creature next to him. "Not dwarf, DEMON! DEMON!" The smell of cooking meat fills the air, and by the light of his glowing eyes Mialee can see Kazak's teeth bared in a grim smile. Mialee fires off another crossbow bolt, which goes slightly wide and passes through the electrical arc of the biocurrent. It shatters in mid-air, pieces of burning wood, spraying the back of the cave.

From somewhere, you can hear a drum start to beat.

The four remaining goblinoids rally and attack, staying on their side of the chasm for the moment. "The traitor to our kind... kill him first," instructs one of the creatures, and four spears fly. Only one hits Krusk, the others bouncing off of the rocky ground around him, but that one is buried nicely in his belly. One of the creatures runs to the far side of the cave, bending to scoop up more spears that are stacked in a corner.

The drums get louder. Krusk realizes that his own blood is pooling around his feet.

Krusk, another 11 points of damage. By my count you're still standing, down to 5 hit points.

Devis

First Post
Let's play nice children. Alhandra, what Regdar and some consenting females get up to in their spare time is none of your business. He's showing them a good time, according to his tastes, and the women are all willing and/or well compensated. Regdar is not forcing or hurting anyone. Now is not the time or place for a discussion of the servitude of women and the institution of prostitiution. Some other day I'll be happy to hear your views.

Regdar, no popping people in the mouth. Even if they really pissed you off. Remember that our contract with WotC specifically precludes harming other team members, especially in ways that will require reconstructive dentistry and ruin their investment in our good looks.

All team members, let's leave our mothers and families out of this. We're adventurers, therefore we all came from broken homes and have tragic backstories, which will be exploited to great effect in my new movie "Devis: the Hero Begins". I'll make sure to invite you all to the premier.

"Even the utmost goodwill and harmony and practical kindness are not sufficient for Friendship, for Friends do not live in harmony merely, as some say, but in melody. "

Let's go earn our keep as tush kickers extraordinaire.

Last edited:

Mialee

First Post
Damn! Krusk, how injured are you?

Wait a minute... are those drums I hear? Crap. DRUMS, PEOPLE! WE NEED THE OTHER ICONICS HERE, NOW! Regroup! Drums are NOT good... An ex-boyfriend told me a story once that involved drums in a cavernlike area.

It did NOT END WELL, let me tell you.

Krusk, if you're too injured, pull back!

Lowers Lidda to the ground, so she can get her dex bonus to AC back

Ahem... PERHAPS WE SHOULD RUN, AND HOPE THAT THEY DON'T FOLLOW US ACROSS THE CHASM!

Firing another futile arrow

Devis

First Post
OOC: What ever happened to that Listen check?

Drums! That's never good.

I hope Mialee remembers what I told her...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
A gauntleted hand slaps up against the rough stone of the cavern floor, emerging from the dark chasm. "Glambrak!" grunts a voice in goblin, just loudly enough for Krusk to hear. "Help Cholok! There's something wrong! It...."

The hand skids, finding no purchase... catches at a tiny little stalagmite... holds... and then the nub of stone snaps off cleanly from the floor, and with a trailing grunt the hand and arm slip back out of sight. None of the humanoids, distracted as they are by arcing electricity, seem to have noticed. The iconics did, though.

Tsk, tsk... stupid armor penalty to climb. Devis, you did hear the drums and Krusk's bellowing!

Kerwyn

First Post
“Let's get down here...”

Kerwyn begins to move down the corridor, lighting the way with his torch - quickly, when he either heard the drums or Devis tells the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads