Neptune's Pride

Starman

Adventurer
That was fun. It was the first game I've been in (third overall) where most of the other players actually stuck around. As such it was different than the other games I played.

One thing I didn't realize when I started was how cut off I was from everything due to limited range. The only player I really had on my border was Red. I should have either moved very aggressively against him (at least on one flank) or made peace right away. As it was he had me completely pinned in from the start.

I had fun, though.

Aran Thule

First Post
Worked well and had a few interesting shifts.
I felt sorry for Merkuri, but the way i was playing the slugs was that they were loyal unless they were given a ripe undefended target.
When Merkuri told us his base star it was just too tempting not to go and try to grab it.
If we have another game i like the look of the banks universe.

Aran Thule

First Post
Starman, in response to your sig i have added one of my own.

It was taken from a rpg of transformers when Sideswipe was trying to get information from a captured (and disabled) Skywarp

Merkuri

Explorer
I told my base star? Oh, did I say something like, "Greetings from <homeworld here>?"

The faster pace of this game really happened at a bad time for me. I could only afford to log in once a day, and I think the second time I logged in I saw several forces advancing into my territory and ships on the way to my homeworld. That was the moment I realized this game is not for me. :p

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Hi all,

Thanks for playing, even though I finished second. Curse you Aran! *shakes fist*

The quicker pace was an experiment to see if it improves the game, and I'm with the other players that say it didn't. Towards the end, if you weren't logged in roughly every hour you had no chance of keeping up with what was going on!

Hope that someone else earns enough credits to open up another game. I'm going to keep playing in free games, hopefully with a few more weeks play I'll be able to host again.

Aran Thule

First Post
Yep, thats what you said, i couldnt tell when i sent my fleet as it was out of scan range.
I found the game a bit fast as well, as you said if you disappear for a day then things can change rapidly in your absense.

Aran Thule

First Post
hmmm, ive got 35 points at the moment and will hopefully get another 10 from one of the games i am in now.
Will give everyone a shout when im near the target.

Aran Thule

First Post
I should get to 50 points and start a free game within the week.
If people can post here if they are interested so i can judge if we have numbers for a 12 player game.
If we cant make up the numbers here i might invite some of the people in the games i am running now to fill it up.
Matt could you do the same if needed?

Remove ads