• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Boards (Verdict?)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eternalknight said:
I just noticed that hovering over the title of a thread brings up the first post - another nice feature.

There are, literally, dozens of new features. It'll take us all a while to discover them, I'm sure!

The admin side of things is very nice too; completely revamped and much more powerful. Makes life easier. :)

robaustin

First Post
Two issues:

1 - Underlined links are forced on. I have my browser set for them to be off, can you set it back to browser control for underlined links?

2 - the pink/purple GENERAL graphic is too bright - and since it's used on just about every post unless someone remembers otherwise - it might be a better fit to have it slightly less bright and obtrusive.

Can you tell I'm a UI geek?

--*Rob

doktorstick

First Post
Two comments: the boards seem on the slow side and the "GENERAL" icon is annoying as all get out. Can we go back to no icon as the default?

/ds

JoeBlank

Explorer
It's like Morrus rearranged the furniture, and got some neat new things, while I was asleep.

Same old place, feels like home, but everything old is new again.

I love new toys.

orbitalfreak

First Post
A note about the small font size. I've tried changing the text size in IE, with no effect. Some of the text and/or page breaks outside of posts (top and bottom of page) changed, but it had no effect on text size of posts. I also have this problem on another message board that uses this vB version. Just FYI.

robaustin

First Post
Two issues:

1 - Underlined links are forced on. I have my browser set for them to be off, can you set it back to browser control for underlined links?

2 - the pink/purple GENERAL graphic is too bright - and since it's used on just about every post unless someone remembers otherwise - it might be a better fit to have it slightly less bright and obtrusive.

Can you tell I'm a UI geek?

--*Rob

Nitpicks

The topic list no longer puts up a page list next to the long topics:

(Hivemind) Any silly topic (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. last)

So if its a thread you been half heartedly following you cannot jump into any point in the thread you want without going to the first or last page first.

2) Cannot see Bold, Italic, etc icons on the reply page because they are black on near black.

3) Is there an explanation somewhere for "normal mode" versus "enhanced mode" when replying?

4) posting is very slow.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Graf said:
Not to be confrontational but you can probably adjust the size of the text in your browser by using control-mousewheel (works for I.E. & Opera, not sure about the others).

Except that feature no longer works. The board's font is overriding my ability to change it.

Morrus please! This font is actually painful for me, it's so small.

Remove ads