• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Boards (Verdict?)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, I'm liking most of the new toys. I particularly like the fun new Dragon/Dungeon/AU options for posts.

However, the general button with its large size and lurid purple coloring is far too eye-catching. I would kindly request a less obtrusive color or even no icon at all.

In addition, as someone said, the buttons for bold, italic, underline, and all justification functions are virtually invisible against the black background of the pages. I know they're there because I can scroll over them, but aside from that they're next to invisible.

But overall thanks for giving us a shiney new board!

Mirth

Explorer
Buttercup said:
Except that feature no longer works. The board's font is overriding my ability to change it.

Morrus please! This font is actually painful for me, it's so small.

It's really weird to hear people complain about the small font size because for me it has jumped UP about two sizes and everything looks gigantic. It's probably because I'm on a Mac. By pasting the post text into a simpletext program I can see that it is Verdana font at some weird point size between 12 and 14 (13?). I like it better, makes the boards much easier to read. So from me ... Thanks Morrus!

Jay

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The font size is identical. I don't think I can help you there, I'm afraid. I really can't understand why you would be seeing different.

Anyway, although I relish the idea of answering all the points above, I'm not going to do any more than repeat that you guys will just have to be patient, the boards are not fully set up and it will take a few days to get everything right. For the moment, there's little point in listing the things you don't like here, as goodness only knows whether that will still be the case in a few days' time.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
FYI: Another new feature

If/when you go and edit a previous post theirs an optional box in there for the reason why you edited it. (hope that helps some people,)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Morrus said:
For the moment, there's little point in listing the things you don't like here, as goodness only knows whether that will still be the case in a few days' time.

Actually, I'm thinking that you SHOULD list the things you don't like; it will give us somewhere to look as we tweak things. Just don't expect them to be instantaneously changed, please.

And I agree that the "General" icon needs to be more soothing. :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Piratecat said:
And I agree that the "General" icon needs to be more soothing. :D

We're only using a temporary set to try and get things working. The icons will all be sorted in the next few days.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
small font fix...?

I think if you go to your "user cp", hit up options, scroll down to the very bottom (above your avatar settings) and change the style set to "use forum default". I think the font is a bit bigger but I wasn't having issues before hand so I would need someone else to try it.

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
My initial reaction is - woah! Cool!

Particularly like the new WYSIWYG interface, makes things a lot easier. Should help with adding pictures and stuff, too.

Me like! Me like muchly!

Me still interested in reputation, though. Perhaps if your reputation drops below a certain level you get banned? :D

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I really haven't had too much time to look around, but I wanted to just give a general impression so far. First thing is I really don't like the General icon. Too bright and just kind of annoying. In general the boards feel much slower for me. Just a little faster than dial-up. I have 256/256 DSL and I am not having any slowness elsewhere.

I'm sure given time I'll learn to deal with the newness and the slowness.

doktorstick

First Post
Also, the main "linear" view isn't as clean as it was in the old boards. While new features are welcomed and may be rough around the edges to start, I would prefer the clear, crisp view from before.

/ds

Remove ads