• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New character creation/Game of death!

cool hand luke

First Post
I'm starting a new contest, dubbed the "Mount Olympus total character creation challenge"

This will be a TOTAL character creation contest, where both the background, and personality of the contestant counts as much as the munchy number crunching aspect. It will be based on the greek pantheon, and will be a 1 on 1 tourney, instead of mass combat, see the attached document for the details I've got so far.

The characters will be evaluated by a pool of 3 judges (myself, and two others to be named later) will judge the characters to see which will be allowed to enter and fight. These two people will also be my rules experts when I get in over my head

a few quick things.

this will be straight 3.5 PHB, and DMG only. THe only exception is I will allow races from Savage Species, but maybe with some nerfs, at my discretion.

So, read the attached document, and let me know if you are interested in either

a. Participating
b. helping judge (especially if you have iron/ceramic dm judging experience and or good working knowledge of the greek gods!)

characters will be accepted up to Sunday, August 31.

post any general questions here, for more info, or you can email me at ljalbert@ci.addison.tx.us

for more info on the greek gods, go to

www.mythman.com

Number47

First Post
You say that spells will be restored, but expendable magic items will not between rounds. What about class abilities, like lay on hands or turning undead? Will they be restored between rounds?

Can you give a quick relation of the gods into D&D terms, how they relate to magic, alignment and various races? I have a hard time deciding which is the patron of orcs or gnomes.

When are characters due, and if my character is bumped for a one that suits the god better, will I have a chance to submit for another god?

Do we get to loot bodies?

Last edited:

cool hand luke

First Post
good questions.

1. All class features like that will be restored, just as if 24 hours had passed between rounds.

2. as far as how to relate the gods to D&D terms.....
I'm not sure I want to make that relation. The reason I picked the greek pantheon is that they are well known, and easily researched, but not nailed down in terms of dnd stats. This is where the creation part comes in. look at the character of the god, and then match it up. I'm going to allow you some poetic license in order to do this.

3. The first due date is sunday the 31st. Anyone that doesn't get there character in on that round, will have one additional shot at it the next week to try for another god. After the first deadline, I will post which gods still need champions.

4. No looting.

seasong

First Post
Regarding expendable items: I would suggest simply stating that 1 day passes between each complete set of rounds. You may or may not make an infinite number of cure light wounds available between rounds... or you could just make it easier and say that healing is provided, but not item replacement.

In either case, though, will non-expendable-but-sundered magic items be replaced between rounds? ;)

cool hand luke

First Post
by the immenent grace of your patron diety, you will be completely healed (hp, level drains, ability drains, etc etc) between each round. there will be 24 hours to prepare spells, etc.

non expendable magic items if sundered, will be replaced between rounds.

I fear seasongs questions.

seasong

First Post
Judge: Not me, no sir! :p Seriously, I've got too many time constraints to judge anything to my personal satisfaction right now - I'd rather commit that time to my players, Hethas' Gambit, etc.

I may enter something, though. Something horrible and broken and wrong.

-seasong

I'd perfer to be a player, if possible, as I don't know all of the 3.5e rules really and don't even own the books (just using the SRD when I need it), but if I was eliminated early on, I'd be happy to help judge.

Last edited:

Remove ads