• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New character creation/Game of death!

seasong

First Post
1. Are custom magic items allowed?

2. The revised DMG has a section detailing a cost modifier for "always on" magic items, based on the original spell's duration. Thus, if a spell normally lasts 1 round/level, the cost to make it "always on" is x4 of the base cost (so spell level x caster level x 2,000 x 4). This is NOT in the SRD. Are you using this rule?

3. The Anthropomorphic Ape in Savage Species is just a little busted. So are some of the others.

4. In 3.5, some templates modify race-only or race-and-class HD. Are you going with this for things like the lich and vampire?

5. Eh, I'll go ahead and say it: I'm thinking of playing a lich. Where is my phylactery, and how will that work in terms of the arena?

6. Given that the character level is 12th, do you want to limit 7th level spells the same way you are limiting 8th and 9th level spells?

7. No cohorts!?!?!?!?! Waaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaah! ;)

8. During the grandstanding 0-3 prep rounds, will we know the location of our opponents? And by "no attacks", do you include the limitation, "spells may only affect me or my companions"? For example, could I deeper darkness a segment of the arena that I am not in?

9. Will we be placed randomly in the arena, or allowed to pick our starting coordinates?

-seasong

cool hand luke

First Post
as said earlier, I fear seasongs questions.

Ok, I'm going to have to consider each one of those carefully before I answer, maybe I'll get another judge on board to help. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

As you did, all non PHB races and templates are up for my review, you can play it, but it might be at a higher than listed cost. If you want to consider a specific one, email me, so as to keep it secret.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads