• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Dunjinii

BrooklynKnight

First Post
So let me get this straight. They sold the Platinum version for 80$...
Now they release what they claim is a BETTER updated version at 40$...

What about everyone who paid 80 a few months ago? Is it just me or did they just get dicked over?

drnuncheon

Explorer
These are the features of the current $40 version:

Dundjinni Feature Summary

Map Creation
Import Objects: PNG
Export Maps: PNG, JPG, BMP
Scalable Printing
Adventure Creation
Import XML data
Adventure Export: HTML, XML
Art Pack: Dungeon
Art Pack: Wild
Token Pack: Reaper Characters
Token Pack: Reaper Monsters
Stat Pack: SRD 3.0
Stat Pack: SRD 3.5
Stat Pack: Monsternomicon
Stat Pack: Book of Fiends
Stat Pack: Denizen's of Avadnu
Stat Pack: Monte Cook’s Arcana Unearthed
Stat Pack: Eldritch Might series

I think the $80 one came with a lot more in the way of art packs, didn't it? Town, Castle, etc?

rom90125

Banned
Banned
The $80 version was packaged with more 'add on' features than the new 'one sku' product they are selling. I'm thankful owners of older versions can update to the latest release for free, otherwise I would have been p!ssed...It is nice that the app now supports an expanded printing option.

To clarify the issue, the platinum version came bundled with three additional art packs - Temple, Castle, and Village. These three packs are still available - as separate purchases. The new version provides all users (including those who bought the silver and gold versions initially) with the platinum functionality, tokens, and stats - so no prior purchaser should feel ripped off - they just got a bunch of extra features for free.

Basically, they figured out that very few people were willing to shell out that kind of coin. It's been way overpriced from the very beginning. AND they want people to shell out for additional art packs?!?

No thanks...

msd

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
Basically, they figured out that very few people were willing to shell out that kind of coin. It's been way overpriced from the very beginning. AND they want people to shell out for additional art packs?!?

No thanks...

And all with a ridiculous EULA to boot...nice

Ogrork the Mighty said:

No thanks...

I purchased Dunjinni a couple of weeks ago. When I went to download the product it listed the number of times each version had been downloaded, and the Platinum was WAAAAAAAY higher than the gold or silver.

Duncan

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Ogrork the Mighty said:

No thanks...

As an owner of Dundjinni, I agree with you on this issue, but, there is a growing community of artists who are providing 'user-created' art for free, and much of it is of above-average quality.

Duncan Haldane said:
I purchased Dunjinni a couple of weeks ago. When I went to download the product it listed the number of times each version had been downloaded, and the Platinum was WAAAAAAAY higher than the gold or silver.

So? If I was going to buy it, I certainly wouldn't invest in the lowest version only to have to upgrade later.

Having multiple tiers was a dreadful idea from the getgo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads