New ENnies Nominations!

The following three ENnies nominations replace those held by the Mass Effect RPG, which has been disqualified. After asking the ENnies judges to provide us with their new nominations, we apologize to these three companies, who should have been nominated the first time round. We hope that the nominations are not soured for them by the events of the last day, and that they will accept these nominations with our apologies. The ENnies judges all agree that these nominations are well-deserved. The original list will be updated to reflect these changes.

The following three ENnies nominations replace those held by the Mass Effect RPG, which has been disqualified. After asking the ENnies judges to provide us with their new nominations, we apologize to these three companies, who should have been nominated the first time round. We hope that the nominations are not soured for them by the events of the last day, and that they will accept these nominations with our apologies. The ENnies judges all agree that these nominations are well-deserved. The original list will be updated to reflect these changes.

[h=4]Best Free Product[/h]
Valiant RPG Digital Initiative (Catalyst Game Labs)

valiant.jpg

[h=4]Best Electronic Book[/h]
Dragon Age Core RuleBook (Green Ronin Publishing)

GRR2808e_450_1024x1024.jpg

[h=4]Product of the Year[/h]
Designers & Dragons: A History of the Roleplaying Game Industry (Evil Hat Productions)

Designers & Dragons Cover 1970.jpg

Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

I certainly hope the judges *actually read* the products. The ME RPG specifically said that it was unlicensed. I would think that this fact would have been noted and brought up during discussions about the product while judging.

And not all publicity is good. That guy right there ( points up thread ) is boycotting one of the replacement products publishers.

Here's the list:
http://www.ennie-awards.com/blog/2015-submissions/
And they had to read those in the Month and a half between the deadline of May 8th and last week. In their free time.

I'm pretty sure some skimming went on.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am very confused by the Dragon Age Core Book as electronic book? Did the category change so that it can have a print version as well?

I don't believe the print version exists yet. The electronic version was submitted. I think the print edition comes out at Gen Con.

(I *think* -- I don't deal directly with submissions, so I could be incorrect).

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
Are you trying to tell me that some of the replacement publishers aren't right now on these very forums getting pushback?
One publisher is getting blacklisted by my small group...

Wait, what?!? I'm confused... You're boycotting a publisher's product because they were given a replacement nomination? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm failing to see the logic in that here. Do you thing these publishers were able to read the minds of the judges or something?

If it's due to those same people complaining about the Mass Effect RPG in the first place, I was one of the most vocal people about it since beginning and I don't have anything at stake here. It's a matter of principal.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I don't believe the print version exists yet. The electronic version was submitted. I think the print edition comes out at Gen Con.

(I *think* -- I don't deal directly with submissions, so I could be incorrect).

That is correct. They submitted the electronic version to save on shipping. We no longer require physical submissions of products available in both formats; it's the publisher's choice which format they submit.

Dahak

Explorer
Wait, what?!? I'm confused... You're boycotting a publisher's product because they were given a replacement nomination? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm failing to see the logic in that here. Do you thing these publishers were able to read the minds of the judges or something?

If it's due to those same people complaining about the Mass Effect RPG in the first place, I was one of the most vocal people about it since beginning and I don't have anything at stake here. It's a matter of principal.

Not precisely. Please see the other thread.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads