New ENnies Nominations!

The following three ENnies nominations replace those held by the Mass Effect RPG, which has been disqualified. After asking the ENnies judges to provide us with their new nominations, we apologize to these three companies, who should have been nominated the first time round. We hope that the nominations are not soured for them by the events of the last day, and that they will accept these nominations with our apologies. The ENnies judges all agree that these nominations are well-deserved. The original list will be updated to reflect these changes.

The following three ENnies nominations replace those held by the Mass Effect RPG, which has been disqualified. After asking the ENnies judges to provide us with their new nominations, we apologize to these three companies, who should have been nominated the first time round. We hope that the nominations are not soured for them by the events of the last day, and that they will accept these nominations with our apologies. The ENnies judges all agree that these nominations are well-deserved. The original list will be updated to reflect these changes.

[h=4]Best Free Product[/h]
Valiant RPG Digital Initiative (Catalyst Game Labs)

valiant.jpg

[h=4]Best Electronic Book[/h]
Dragon Age Core RuleBook (Green Ronin Publishing)

GRR2808e_450_1024x1024.jpg

[h=4]Product of the Year[/h]
Designers & Dragons: A History of the Roleplaying Game Industry (Evil Hat Productions)

Designers & Dragons Cover 1970.jpg

Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Has there been any official announcement by anyone regarding that, or was it simply a stealth removal nobody wants to talk about?

It's not an exciting or controversial issue, sorry! They elected not to accept the nomination this year on the basis of their book not primarily being an electronic book. We're all a bit busy putting stuff together, testing the voting booth, preparing flyers right now since the voting starts in a couple of days.

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
It's not an exciting or controversial issue, sorry! They elected not to accept the nomination this year on the basis of their book not primarily being an electronic book. We're all a bit busy putting stuff together, testing the voting booth, preparing flyers right now since the voting starts in a couple of days.

Yeah, I got the news from other parties, thanks. :)

To be honest, and like you say maybe this isn't the time to bring it up, but I wondered about that situation: what defines the date a product is published? If the e-book comes out first and the hardcopy comes out later, is the hardcopy eligible based on the date it is published or is the publish date the date of the original release? Because I've had similar situations with my own products and always assumed the first date is the "publish" date...

Anyway, guess that discussion can wait. Moot point now. :p

Ever forward.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads