• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New feats (considered for E6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Inspired Leadership
Prerequisite: Leadership
Benefit: Adds +1 to a character's Leadership score. This feat may be taken multiple times.

I'm not sure that +1 is enough. I thought about +2 but that might be too much if the feat is allowed to be taken multiple times.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I guess that feat could be useful to get more followers or for characters with low charisma scores, but I don't think that it would let you get a higher level cohort. There is a feat in Heroes of Battle that lets you get a higher level cohort.

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
GlassEye said:
Inspired Leadership
Prerequisite: Leadership
Benefit: Adds +1 to a character's Leadership score. This feat may be taken multiple times.

I'm not sure that +1 is enough. I thought about +2 but that might be too much if the feat is allowed to be taken multiple times.

I think +2 would work better. As it stands any E6 character that takes the Leadership feat is going to have a max level cohort, barring any negative modifiers that reduce their Leadership score to less then 6.

So the only real point in taking it will be either:

A: Counter some or all of the negative modifiers, most of which are -2 so taking a feat to counter one negative modifier seems more balanced then having to take two feats.

B: To aquire followers, but it requires a Leadership score of 10+ to attract followers. Which if left at +1 would more them likely require the feat be taken several times before there was any benefit.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Her are some caster feats. They may be considered "upward leaning"
Improved Spell Power (General)
Prerequisites: Character level 6;concentration 9 ranks, spellcraft 9 ranks, any two metamgic feats
Benefit: 3 times per day you can cast a spell as if you are two levels higher. This changes the casting time of the spell to a full round action. This only affects the variable numerical effects of the spell (range, duration, damage, etc.) . It does not increase the highest level of spells you can cast. You must declare you are using this feat before casting the spell. You may only take this feat one time.

Greater Spell Power (General)
Prerequisites: Character level 6; Concentration 9 ranks, Spellcraft 9 ranks, any 3 metamagic feats; Improved Spell Power
Benefit: The effective increased caster level gained by the Improved Spell Power feat increases to 4. You may only take this feat one time.

Extra Domain (General)
Prerequistes: Character level 6; ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, Knowledge (Religion) 9 ranks; must have access to at least one cleric domain,
Benefit: You gain access to one additonal cleric domain associated with your deity. You may only take this feat one time.

Some for the druid

Improved Wildshape (Wild)
Prerequisites: Wis 18+, character level 6, Concentration 9 ranks, Knowldge (nature) 9 ranks, ability to wildshape or shapeshift
Benefit: Your druid levels are considered to be 4 levels higher for the purpose of wildshape or shapeshift (PHB II variant).

Improved Animal Companion
Prerequisties: Cha 15 +, Handle Animal 9 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 9 ranks, Animal Companion class feature
Benefit: Your druid or ranger level is considered to be 4 levels higher for the purpose of acquiring and determining the abilities of your animal companion

One for bards
Legendary Inspiration: Cha 17 +, bardic music ability, Perform (any) 9 ranks, Extra Music, Skill Focus (perform)
Benefit: Your bard levels are considered to be 4 levels higher for the purposes of the effects of your bardic music ability.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
At least one domain power is equal to a feat (martial weapon prof). What do you think for one for spell access and one for granted power?

Kunimatyu

First Post
rycanada said:
At least one domain power is equal to a feat (martial weapon prof). What do you think for one for spell access and one for granted power?

The fact that Wizards (in Complete Champ) can sub out a domain granted power for their usual metamagic feat backs you up.

I'd recommend against letting feats like this allow a player to get more than one extra domain - taking lots of extra domains, even in standard D&D, requires very specific prestige classes or Epic feats.

Oh, and that Improved Spellpower feat is rendered unnecessary by the Arcane Thesis feat in PHB2, which is far and away better.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Shazman said:
Her are some caster feats. They may be considered "upward leaning"
Improved Spell Power (General)
Prerequisites: Character level 6;concentration 9 ranks, spellcraft 9 ranks, any two metamgic feats
Benefit: 3 times per day you can cast a spell as if you are two levels higher. This changes the casting time of the spell to a full round action. This only affects the variable numerical effects of the spell (range, duration, damage, etc.) . It does increase the highest level of spells you can cast. You must declare you are using this feat before casting the spell. You may only take this feat one time.

That seems way dangerous for E6, and really doesn't make sense mechanics-wise -- if I'm a wizard, do I prepare 4th level slots 3/day? if I'm a sorc when do I choose spells known?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I must apologize. I entered those last feats too quiclky and ended up with some typos. The spellpower feat was not supposed to increase the maximum level of spells that could be cast. I have corrected the mistake and added some more. I agree that the Extra Domain feat is too good for one feat. I like the idea of dividing it into two feats:

Extra Domain Power (General)
Prerequisites: Wis 18 +, Cleric level 6, Knowledge (religion) 9 ranks, Skill Focus: Knowledge (religon)
Benefit: You gain the domain power of one additional domain associated with your deity. You may only take this feat once.

Extra Domain Access (General)
Prerequisities: Wis 18 +, Cleric level 6, Knowledge (religion) 9 ranks, Extra Domain Power, Skill Focus: Knowledge (religion)
Benefit: You gain access to the domain spell list of one additional domain assciated with your deity. This domain must be the same one as that chosen for the Extra Domain Power feat. You may only take this feat once.

Last edited:

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I am not familiar with Arcane Thesis, even though I have PHB II. I'll have to look at it and compare it to the spellpower feats. Does anyone have any comments about my edited feats?

Last edited:

Shazman

Banned
Banned
The discussions on the E6 thread have prompted me to post one new feat and modify several more for E6.

Improved Critical (General)
Prerequisites: Fighter 6, BAB + 6, Weapon Focus, Power Critical (Complete Warrior)
Benefit: Choose a weapon you have Weapon Focus and Power Critical feats for to apply this feat to. When using this weapon your threat range is doubled (20 to 19-20, 19-20 to 17-20, etc.)
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you do it applies to a different weapon.

Greater Weapon Focus (Fighter)
Prerequisites: Fighter 6, Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization
Benefit: Choose a weapon you have the Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization feats for. Your bonus to attack rolls with this weapon increases to +2.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you do, it applies to a different weapon.

Greater Weapon Specialization (Fighter)
Prerequisites: Fighter 6, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus
Benefit: Choose a weapon you have the Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, and Greater Weapon Focus feats for. Your bonus to damage rolls with the weapon increases to +4.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you do, it applies to a different weapon.

Sweeping Strike (Fighter)
Prerequisites: Fighter 6, BAB +6, Str 17 +,Int 13 +, Balance 4 ranks, Combat Expertise, Cleave, Great Gleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Sunder, Power Attack
Benefit: You must choose two adjacent opponents at the beginning of your turn that you threaten. All of the melee attacks you make during your turn apply to both opponents.

This feat basically replicates the Sweeping Strike class ability of the Warmind PrC, which is out of reach for E6 characters.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads