• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New haste on WotC website!

seasong

First Post
Dark Dragon said:
Ah, no insane wizards dropping a Greater Dispelling followed by a maximized Fireball on the party anymore...
Sure they will, but they'll be doing it with quicken spell.

Personally, I like the new haste... it's just not actually haste. That's okay. I'll just use this spell and rename my nerfed version of haste to quicksilver or something. Best of both worlds.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Dark Dragon said:

That was what I meant (but english is not my native language...). Thanks for clearing the mess up ;)

No problem. Oh, English is tricky to express some concepts in.

Especially rules. You normally have to define a whole lot of new terms, which people then get confused about. :)

Cheers!

Magic Rub

First Post
seasong said:

Personally, I like the new haste... it's just not actually haste. That's okay. I'll just use this spell and rename my nerfed version of haste to quicksilver or something. Best of both worlds.

I'll probably use both the new & the old haste in my game (if I make the switch to 3.5?). As with you I'll probably just call it Greater haste & bump it up to 6th or 7th (+++?) level. The old haste is too much fun (for both DM & players), & I would hate to loose it... so I won't :D.

Tzarevitch

First Post
I must say that I am VERY, VERY happy with the changes to haste. I had house-ruled haste to not allow a second spell the minute I first read it in my 3e PHB, but I am happy to see WoTC admit what I had been telling my group, that they couldn't possibly have meant that as written.

Tzarevitch

Dark Dragon

Explorer
seasong said:

Indeed. But should that happen, the party (level 15) will rest in pieces after that encounter :( (if Quicken Spell is not to be changed and the group is not blasted into oblivion in RttToEE - the next session will see victory or final defeat in the CRM...)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
seasong said:

That's the spirit! ;)

It's funny - to me, the 3E version of haste wasn't haste - because I was used to the 1E and 2E versions which were very similar to the 3.5E version (no extra spells!).

Cheers!

mmu1

First Post
What were they thinking? Making a 3rd level spell that gives an extra attack to the whole party? I mean, really, I can't think of any reasons why I'd rather not memorize Fireball and do an average of 17 points of damage with a Reflex save for half... :rolleyes:

I think it's a great change, allowing Haste to be used to cast multiple spells in a round was one of the greatest mistakes the 3E designers ever made. Now, if you're thinking in terms of team play the spell is actually more useful than before, but not nearly as open to abuse.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads