• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New haste on WotC website!

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Personally, I think that a reversion to the 2e haste (without the aging!) should be on the cards. That way, it would nicely mirror Displacement: Displacement effectively doubles your defensive power; Haste effectively doubles your offensive power.

Aside from the fact that that would be overpowered as an eighth level spell, let alone a third.

I doubt I'd even allow it as a 9th.

-Hyp.

Fenes 2

First Post
I like it as well. An extra attack at the highest BAB is always nice, no matter the level, and imho right for a 3rd level spell that afetcs the whole party. The added speed and attack/ac7save bonuses are just icing on the cake.

Noldor Elf

First Post
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding
Should this be interpreted so that fighter with two weapons would gain two extra attacks out of the new haste?

And the extra attack is very powerfull, even at higher levels as it is with your highest attack bonus and thus have quite high change of succeeding.

Simulacrum

First Post
Noldor Elf said:

1.Should this be interpreted so that fighter with two weapons would gain two extra attacks out of the new haste?

2.And the extra attack is very powerfull, even at higher levels as it is with your highest attack bonus and thus have quite high change of succeeding.

1. NO

2.YES

green slime

First Post
I think it is great. First off it affects a large number of allies. 20 allies at 20th level. Very nice.

As to slow, I suspect it will remain unchanged; dispels haste, or causes target to only take partial actions.

Dark Dragon

Explorer
The new version is perfectly fine, IMHO (and it's close to our homebrewed version in most points). Ah, no insane wizards dropping a Greater Dispelling followed by a maximized Fireball on the party anymore...

Hmm, wonder what happens to Slow since the partial actions are about to be removed...

shilsen

Adventurer
Wow! Did we just get a discussion started on Haste that actually has people saying they like it? Who'da thunk?

BTW, I like it. A lot.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Dark Dragon said:
The new version is perfectly fine, IMHO (and it's close to our homebrewed version in most points). Ah, no insane wizards dropping a Greater Dispelling followed by a maximized Fireball on the party anymore...

Hmm, wonder what happens to Slow since the partial actions are about to be removed...

The concept of Partial Actions is not going, only the terminology is changing.

It'll read something like "target can only take a Move or Standard action each round" with something special to take into account Full Actions over two rounds.

###

With regard to the new haste: excellent. Absolutely excellent. It scales well (it's much better for 5th level characters than 20th level characters), and it has the potential to change the course of a combat.

Imagine:
Fighter 5: BAB +5
Priest 5: BAB +3
Rogue 5: BAB +3
Wizard 5: BAB +2

They become (in effect)
Fighter 5: BAB +6/+6
Priest 5: BAB +4/+4
Rogue 5: BAB +4/+4
Wizard 5: BAB +3/+3

That's good!

Sure, it's no longer a really great spell for the wizard to cast upon himself (though being able to move 60' and then cast a spell isn't bad), but affecting multiple allies? That's really good.

Cheers!

dravot

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
1) What happens to mass haste now? Disappears I guess.

They've said that Mass Haste will affect all allies within the specified range. Haste will only affect one creature/level.

Of course, at 20th level, for 99% of the time you'll prolly cast haste, since you won't need to haste more than 20 people at a time, which means you don't need to cast in the higher slot.

Already a 3.5 loophole emerges!

Bring on 3.75E! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads