New Heroes Arise IC

Thels

First Post
Kind of surprised that Beric took the Bulls Strength potion, Deirdre goes with a smokestick, a tanglefoot bag and a sunrod, meanwhile adding: "We might want to give the Potions of Levitation to the people that might need to get out of problems."

Deirdre patiently waits for Jillian to check on the area, silently praying that the same thing will not happen over again.

2 Potions of Cure Light Wounds - Hoegor, Cel
2 Potions of Levitation
2 Potions of Bulls Strength - Hoegor, Beric
1 Potion of Cats Grace
1 Anti-Toxin - Hoegor
1 Alchemist Fire
1 Acid Flask
2 Sunrods - Deirdre
3 Tanglefoot bags - Cel, Beric, Deirdre
3 Smokesticks - Hoegor, Cel, Deirdre

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
~ flashback ~

Noticing the paladin's moment surprise at Beric choice, Hoegor wonders about his own.

He takes the Bulls Strength from the collection in his hand, and hands it to Lady Silvereyes.

"This would serve you better. Barbarians are already bullish enough, don't you think. Perhaps a little grace would serve me better.

"Regardless, it doesn't matter as they will be used by whomever as best fits our purpose."

He then scoops up the remaining items, handing a Levitation to Beric, the other to Jillian along with the Alchemist's Fire and Acid. The remaining Cat's Grace and Sunstick he tucks into his pouch.

~ end flashback ~

ooc: right. that should be that sorted. Lets find out what is behind door A.

Jemal

Adventurer
oodm: sorry I took too long replying, everyone.

IDM:
the group moves up to the door after Jillian declares it safe (a quick check revealed that the door was locked, but she manages to pick the old, rusty lock). Hearing nothing on the other side, the party opens the door, revealing a large, circular 20' radius room. It is completely empty save a door on the far side, which looks, from what you can tell, to open portcullis style.. sliding upwards into the ceiling (There are no visible handles).

doghead

thotd
"Jillian, how does it look? Any nasty surprises?"

If its all clear ~ "Jillian, what worries me is the possibility that someone is on the other side watching. Do you think that you can check it out?"

He glaces towards the plate-clad paladin.

I should be up front. I doubt the paladin has much experience of sneaking around.

"Beric. Can you go with Jillian?"

post #1300 :)

G

Guest 11456

Jillian Tealeaf : Halfling Rogue 2

Jemal said:
Hearing nothing on the other side, the party opens the door, revealing a large, circular 20' radius room. It is completely empty save a door on the far side, which looks, from what you can tell, to open portcullis style.. sliding upwards into the ceiling (There are no visible handles).

Jillian moves carefully forward through the room with the lantern watching for traps. Once she is at the door she will check for a lock and check the walls for any sign of a mechanism. She will SOP the room, walls, and door.

Standard Operating Procedures (SOP): Check for traps. If a trap is found, attempt to disarm it. If the disarm fails, confer with companions before continuing. If attempt succeeds, continue on.

doghead

thotd
Hoegor keeps an eye on the junction behind them as best he is able in the dark. Mostly he keeps an ear on it.

why do I keep getting the feeling that what we really need to find is through the troll's room. He searches his memory for any recollection of a door leading out of that room.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hoegar can't recall seeing a door in the trolls room, though he DID have more pressing things to think of at the time.. As he is listening, he hears a small click.. Jillain seems to hear it too, as her head jerks upwards, realizing that she must have missed something. With that, another portculis-style door slams shut, in front of where the wooden one had been, sealing the empty room off from the corridor, and small holes appear in the walls. Then a small patch of the wall goes transparent, revealing an hourglass behind it, and a red button appears under the hourglass. The sand begins pouring down from the hourglass, and it appears you have about 2 minutes or so before the sand runs out.

OOC: Jillian actually missed the search check, it amazed me. now to get yourselves out of this. ;)

BTW, I know Jillian and Beric are in the room, and Cel is posted as having stayed out. I'll rule that Deirdre went in the room as well.. All I need to know is whether Hoegar was inside the room, or out in the corridor with Cel?

Last edited:

Remove ads