New Heroes Arise IC

doghead

thotd
ooc: Hoegor was holding the tail end charlie position in order to keep an eye on the junction. Probably on the door/room side of the rockfall, where he can see back down the corridor, but can remain concealed and has a good defensive position.

Hoegor glances around at the sound of the portcullis crashing down.

"Cel. What's happening."

G

Guest 11456

Jillian Tealeaf : Halfling Rogue 2

A look of horror briefly creeps onto Jillian's face, but just as quickly is gone. She sprints over to the wall with the hourglass (or 120-secondglass in this case) and the red button. She searches the area for any signs of a release or some such.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"It would appear," says Cel casually, "that we have been seperated from our compatriots. Your aid would probably not be amiss." Cel looks appreciatively at the trap that has just been sprung inches from his nose. Good craftsmanship. Well done. "I'm afraid my own skills will be of little use opening the door." He turns and speaks to those inside. "I would reccomend against hitting the red button unless it is absolutely required. It seems a bit too obvious."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hoegor steps over to where Cel stands. He takes a second to check the room. He has to agree with Cel, the red button fills him with forboding.

"Keep an eye on the corridor."

Trying to lift the portculis also seems a bit too obvious, but he gives it a go anyway. If nothing else, it will give him an idea how well the thing is constructed. {1}

If it fails, he begins looking for a release mechanism on this side. {2}

ooc: {1} Strength check +2 - Does it seem doable with several people?
{2} Search +2.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jillian searches the wall but finds no releases, the hourglass is completely seperated, and the transparent section of the wall is flawlessly worked into the stone border around it.

Hoegar attempts to lift the portcullis, but it doesn't move. After a moment, he realizes that it is un-moving not because of weight, but b/c it is locked in place by something. Also there doesn't appear to be a release on this side.

doghead

thotd
Hoegor checks out the locking mechanism to see if it can reached in some way to be jimmied. He also inspects the door to see how susceptable to brute force it is, as well as giving it a couple of bashes with the edge of his shield. You never know, it might just reveal something.

"Jillian. The door is locked into place. I can't find a release on this side. You might have better luck.

"Dierdre. Beric. Give me a hand. Perhaps the three of us can bust it open. Potions? Acid? Any ideas anyone?"

G

Guest 11456

Jillian Tealeaf : Halfling Rogue 2

Not having any luck, the small halfling moves to the portculis-style door and searches for anything of use.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hoegar's shield bash reverberate's loudly, and the portcullis shakes a bit. Jillian comes over to look at it from her side, and for the next several seconds they search for a Locking mechanism. Jillian spots it, but it's up above the portcullis, inside the wall.
It does, however, look fairly old, and they may be able to bust it open. The timer is now at half.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"I suppose it can't hurt for you to start trying to knock it down, Hoegar," says Cel, reluctant to resort to brute force. "Can you reach the mechanism?" he addresses Jillian. "Perhaps if someone gave you a hand up?"

Remove ads