• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Hit Location Rules

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
I prefer the hit location rules from the Top Secret S.I. rpg. In short, all you have to do is roll 1d10 and consult the table below:

0 = Head
1 = Right chest
2 = Left Chest
3 = Abdomen
4 = Right Arm
5 = Left Arm
6 = Right Hand
7 = Left Hand
8 = Right Leg
9 = Left Leg

Anything else pretty much is left up to common sense. Such as if you want to see if the shot is in the back, that's pretty much depended on the angle of the shot, such as if some one's running in front of you in a chase. The person who's behind will pretty much shoot the person running in front in the back.

If you wanted to, you could expand this table to use a d12 as follows:

1 = Right chest
2 = Left Chest
3 = Abdomen
4 = Right Arm
5 = Left Arm
6 = Right Hand
7 = Left Hand
8 = Right Leg
9 = Left Leg
10 = Head
11 = Left Foot
12 = Right Foot

Really easy hit location rules.

sheadunne

Explorer
Seems overly complicated in equal measure to the overly simplified Top Secret rules which don't account for the difficulty of hitting certain parts of the body (ie more difficult to shoot someone in the head, than to shoot someone in the chest).

But both can add lots of fun to a game . . . so play onward!

cyderak

Banned
Banned
I like my chart:

Roll a D8 and let the good times roll. (No pun intended)

1 = Chest
2 = Head
3 = Left Eye
4 = Right Eye
5 = Brain
6 = Heart
7 = Buttocks (Won't be eating any spicey foods for a while......if you know what I mean).
8 = And Last but certainly not least..........the Crotch shot. For a good tension breaker.

Needless to say, with a chart like this there won't be any of those pesky "Negotiatiors" in your group.

Your Welcome.......:lol:

Mircoles

Explorer
I bought, some time ago, hit location die. They were d6 and had pictures of a head, a right arm and left arm, a body, and a right and left leg.

Very simple and very useful.

Remove ads