• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axolotl

First Post
I know, however I fail to see how regular updates slowed down the release of the product however they did allow people to use the rules long before the book was finished.

Hey Axolotl! :)

Axolotl said:
Also how did you fail at the pre-ordering thing?

Well basically what I initally thought would take me a month or two to finish has taken practically a year.

People have paid money* and although they have 'a' product in their hands, they don't have 'the' finished product in their hands after almost a year, and I have to hold my hand up for at least 85% of that delay (Ineptitude and Procrastination in equal measure lets put it down to).

*Albeit notably less than full price now considering it'll be split into two 160 page books, but nevertheless it still gives me sleepless nights to know that I have let people down. :(

Axolotl said:
I know, however I fail to see how regular updates slowed down the release of the product however they did allow people to use the rules long before the book was finished.

The problem was that I said it would only take a matter of weeks/a few months at best, but that has ended up taking me five or six times longer than planned. Which basically makes me either a liar or an idiot. In this case I'll swear by the latter.

shadethief

First Post
Just so I understand how it's done, if I take the Lesser Deity template, exactly what kind of bonuses can if I forsake all artifacts, due to a class restriction. Do I use the difference in CR to determine the bonuses, or is their a different way to determine?

WarDragon

First Post
Normally, giving up artifacts gives either a number of slots equal to your divine rank, or one per +6 the artifact in question would grant (designer's choice).

However, if you have a class that gives things which make up for magic items (as it would have to do, for any such class to be remotely viable), I'd say don't give them anything to compensate.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I have to disagree on that second point. Class levels are earned, whereas divinity is more or less obtained.

On another note, it could make sense if there is a "special" class granting abilities that should never be granted to mortals.

Or is that what ur getting at?

Another topic...

How many monkey worshipers would a Legendary Monkey need to become a monkey god?

The reason Im asking is because Im playing a Legendary Monkey who seeks godhood so he can wipe out all the humans (humans are notorious monkey murderers).

Last edited:

Pssthpok

First Post
Earned versus obtained is a thin argument.
Frankly, Power is earned, not obtained. So is Worship.
That being said, only Resonance is 'easy' when it comes to QP.

WarDragon

First Post
Justify it however you want, it would be unbalanced to "work once, get paid twice" (that is, receive two separate forms of compensation for losing your items).

In other words, Dante, you've missed the point.

Fieari

Explorer
Resonance isn't even easy. You need to tap an unguarded node, or MAKE it unguarded, then defend that node against interlopers! Then you have to deal with the negative node...

Or you have to enter into a compact with a more powerful deity, and to get out of the contract you have to pay more than ten times what you were given in the first place! The lossiness of the transfer is BRUTAL.

Or you have to deal with potentially intelligent artifacts granting you the godhood, and you may end up serving an object, instead of the other way around.

How the heck is any of this easy?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
He's right, it isnt easy..unless the DM turns his head and coughs a lot while people fudge the dice. And worship, thats more of a roleplaying thing and is almost entirely dependent upon how much the DM likes you that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads