• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farealmer3

Explorer
A free week? Thanks U_K, i was wondering about the Nexus Dragon, it says it can cast spells of level equal to it's number of AMC, does this mean it can use those super spells you mentioned in the beginning of the Grimore thread like the level 90 move galaxy?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
jedrious said:
if you do a portfolio for every discipline of Psionics, then you have to do every school of magic as well and you're even more derranged than I thought if you want to devote that much space to those, making a GENERAL Psionics Portfolio makes much more sense from a publishing point of view, as well as, making them oppossed opens up more RP aspects, and removing transparency also promotes that

Before I go Krusty...I'd just like to point out that I didn't start the shouting match. As noted here he called me deranged. Here and only here is where the insults started. So before you go passing judgment to appease the masses, perhaps you should read the whole thread and not just the parts that you initially see.

I offered straightforward, non-insulting constructive criticism and praise. He immediately went on the defense and started a flame war. Out of respect for you I will leave for 2 weeks. But you still need to start actually reading the entire discussion before passing judgment. Even gods do that.

mercucio

First Post
Hmm...methinks someone doesn't understand the concept of banning. Comments like the above should be handled via PM, not by violating a ban.

jedrious

First Post
WarDragon said:
I would prefer you keep the Science portfolio, and divorce it entirely from the evil, nasty, disgusting, loathsome p-word.
This goes back to the "you're likes and dislikes shouldn't effect other games" reasoning

mercucio

First Post
jedrious said:
This goes back to the "you're likes and dislikes shouldn't effect other games" reasoning
Not quite. Science and psionics have nothing to do with each other. It is UK who is conflating the two.

jedrious

First Post
mercucio said:
Not quite. Science and psionics have nothing to do with each other. It is UK who is conflating the two.
I was more refering to WarDragons unveiled hatred of all things Psionic as oppossed to Science being Psionic

Ok, Science can be one of three things:
1 - Magic (Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic)
2 - Psionics (Opposes magic by relying on ones own mental ability to exert control on reality rather than using magic itself as a tool; Not very science-y but Greek-sounding power names and crystal theme have a very Sci-fi feel)
3 - Something Totally Different (Until proper rules for futuristic weapons and tech are thrown together, this would be about the equivalent of the Craft portfolio; you have better stuff than everyone else)

Choosing 1 renders this the equal of the magic portfolio (a strong portfolio, and usually held by powerful pantheon members). Choosing 2 means that everyone who thinks Psionics are magic with a different rules system are going to dislike the portfolio. (and people who dislike psionics in general as well) Choosing 3 means remaking an entire portfolio; this might be the best option, but requires the most effort.
Also, I would ditch the unique portfolio powers, as cool sounding as they are, and put in regular core spells, and just include the new spells in whatever supplement covers technology more comprehesively as a side bar or something.

jedrious

First Post
Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Ok, Science can be one of three things:
1 - Magic (Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic)
2 - Psionics (Opposes magic by relying on ones own mental ability to exert control on reality rather than using magic itself as a tool; Not very science-y but Greek-sounding power names and crystal theme have a very Sci-fi feel)
3 - Something Totally Different (Until proper rules for futuristic weapons and tech are thrown together, this would be about the equivalent of the Craft portfolio; you have better stuff than everyone else)

Choosing 1 renders this the equal of the magic portfolio (a strong portfolio, and usually held by powerful pantheon members). Choosing 2 means that everyone who thinks Psionics are magic with a different rules system are going to dislike the portfolio. (and people who dislike psionics in general as well) Choosing 3 means remaking an entire portfolio; this might be the best option, but requires the most effort.
Also, I would ditch the unique portfolio powers, as cool sounding as they are, and put in regular core spells, and just include the new spells in whatever supplement covers technology more comprehesively as a side bar or something.

Which is why my proposed portfolio got a name-change to Psionics, people that don't want psionics in their game can ignore two pages of a book better than the average consumer can create the portfolio themselves

Howdy Farealmer.

Farealmer3 said:
A free week? Thanks U_K,

Dante may be impulsive, but I value his contribution to the forums.

i was wondering about the Nexus Dragon, it says it can cast spells of level equal to it's number of AMC, does this mean it can use those super spells you mentioned in the beginning of the Grimore thread like the level 90 move galaxy?

Yes, although in the final build of Grimoire things may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads