• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedrious

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey guys! :)

What I may do is remove the Science Portfolio (until Grimoire), and add a Psionic section as an addendum to the main book. Say 2 pages of Psionic material featuring the Psionic Portfolio and the Psionic powers jedrious listed. So it would be close to two pages of jedrious work - you okay with that dude? I'd be happy to slip you a free hardcopy of Ascension (when I get my hard copies that is).
sounds reasonable to me

Farealmer3

Explorer
U_K i have a question, in certain media(especially anime) there are people who can do increadible damage with their hits yet cannot lift much weight. How would you handle this?

jedrious

First Post
Farealmer3 said:
U_K i have a question, in certain media(especially anime) there are people who can do increadible damage with their hits yet cannot lift much weight. How would you handle this?
His Epic Feat Epic Potency seems to cover this nicely

Farealmer3

Explorer
His Epic Feat Epic Potency seems to cover this nicely
Thanks

U_K i have another question, since strength increase also increases density do you have rules for the DR someone would get from it. After all, if they are that dense certian attacks should do nothing when they hit.

shadethief

First Post
Just so I get it correct, a character with 46 HD & the Quasi Deity template would have +33 in artifact abilities, & +23 in total weapon enhancment, correct? Also, would a race such as Assimar or tiefling be eligible for the virtual levels ability gained from the divinity templates, being as they are true outsiders? Or could you rule they benefit, but not as much as normal, say only 1/4 HD instead of 1/2?

Well, Tieflings and their kin don't have many HD, (Do they even have 1?) so even if they got 1/2 their HD, that won't amount to much. (Since the rule only counts racial HD) The rule seems to be there more for monstrous deities. (Ranging from angelic beings, demons, and devils, to Horrors from Beyond Time and sapient constructs made of antimatter.)

And your Artifact math looks about right.

shadethief said:
Just so I get it correct, a character with 46 HD & the Quasi Deity template would have +33 in artifact abilities, & +23 in total weapon enhancment, correct?

Correct.

+33 worth of (bonus squared x10,000) total enhancements
+23 worth of (bonus squared x20,000) total enhancements.

Roughly speaking a 10.89 million GP market price limit for each of the immortals 4 artifacts: +12 flaming blast, vorpal longsword etc.

shadethief said:
Also, would a race such as Assimar or tiefling be eligible for the virtual levels ability gained from the divinity templates, being as they are true outsiders? Or could you rule they benefit, but not as much as normal, say only 1/4 HD instead of 1/2?

As Ltheb points out (thanks dude) those Outsiders wouldn't have very many racial Hit Dice at all (if any), since they would probably advance via class level.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
A smidgen of errata for the book here, U_K:

On page 17, for the "Outsider Advancement" section, when discussing natural armor bonus, you note:

Outsiders gain a natural armor bonus equal to 1/4 their total hit die (round any fractions down). If the outsider is especially tough/scaly (such as a pit fiend) increase the natural armor bonus to 1/2 their hit die. If the outsider has naturally heavy armor-plated hide then increase the natural armor bonus to 1/2 their hit die.

Emphasis mine. I'm assuming that last line should be 3/4 HD (or even 1/1 HD), since heavy armor-plated hide should provide more of a bonus than just tough/scaly hide.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
A few other things, U_K:

For the various divinity templates, when you list the spell-like abilities inherent to each template (up to greater deity), the actual "spell-like ability" entry is followed with the (Su) tag instead of (Sp).

There's also some conflicting things about caster level. The various divinity templates (up to greater deity) list specifically that the caster level for the spell-like abilities they grant is equal to [(the minimum HD that an Outsider can have that template -1) + the template's divine bonus] (e.g. a lesser deity has caster level 48 for their spell-like abilities), and doesn't scale with HD advancement - whereas spell resistance does.

On a related note, creature's that have any integrated spellcasting levels will never be able to use them effectively against creatures of similar power, because those integrated levels are at 1/2 the creature's natural HD.

Both of the above fly in the face of the paragraph in the Bestiary that says creatures have a caster level equal to their HD + divine bonus. Ironically, the Portfolios section of Ascension does say that about spell-like abilities gained from portfolios, but that's apparently only for those spell-like abilities, and not for others nor for integrated spellcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads