• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Introduction

BlackJaw

First Post
I was wondering if you guys were still keeping track of what you started. I'm happy to know you are pleased to see what we've been able to pull togeather. It's taken a long time... this project was started more then a year ago I think (I wasn't here in the beging) but we are finaly getting somewhere with it.

The project almost died once, but it was saved, and I'll be darned if I'm going to let if fail.

I've got most of the work done already (thanks to people you have stopped in and helped me along the way) and I'm currently working on the Vessel construction area. this means design a lot of basic vessel parts. A lot people have expressed intrest in working on this part of the project, so once I get some basic vessel components written up, I intend to show the section to everyone so they can add their own component ideas. Not all will be included in the final version, but the better ones can be.

Right now I'm writing basic ones that cover these concepts: star trek style sci-fi, DragonStar sci-fantasy, steam punk, and spell jammer. The generic nature of these components means that many work in a number of setting concepts.

Currently the most work still needs to be done on the section for setting design and recomedations/etc. advice on running an air based setting, adventure ideas, etc. we have very little for this section right now. It's also one of the section that people have wanted contribute to the most. everyone seemed to have ideas on how an air-based setting could work. Of course this message board use to get more visits back then.

BlackJaw

First Post
Oh ya, as for ground based vehicle rules:

Yes the rules as written are very easily converted to ground vehicles, and as a point of notice: creature in the air can also fly at twice their speed when taking a double move action... the rule againts this is for flying vehicles only. The idea behind this rules is that even if a pilot isn't paying full atention to how he is flying (IE: he isn't turning a lot) he can still fly at full speed. a creature requires extra effort to fly faster. The result was that vessels have higher speed ratting then monsters do, but don't get to double their speeds when taking a double move.

NOW: I don't want to expand the current scope of THIS project to include all vehicles, a lot of what we are working on IS air spicific. this includes the vessel contrustion rules, and the sections on running air settings.

BUT after this project is done I could see us easily making a more general document on vehicles in general using nearly the same rules. Basicly I'm saying now is not the time to shange the nature of the project, but you are right, this would work for nearly all vehicles.

(PS: did you ever read the rules for vehicles in the Sword and Fist book? ug. They are near as bad as the rules in the recent Polyhydra mags that require the DM to keep track of seperate HPs for eacy 5' square of a vehicle!)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
BlackJaw said:
creature in the air can also fly at twice their speed when taking a double move action...

Right, meant to say that.

NOW: I don't want to expand the current scope of THIS project to include all vehicles, a lot of what we are working on IS air spicific. this includes the vessel contrustion rules, and the sections on running air settings.

Agreed. Got a little excited there for a second. Won't happen again. Often. Er.

BlackJaw

First Post
I'm totaly for making a another document with these rules, but I wouldn't want to include a section on "using vehicles, of any kind, ever, including mounts, and dragons, and submarines, and space ships, in your setting" to broad. A set of vehicle rules for D20 games in general would be easy enough to make from these rules though. we would have to alter some terms a bit, and specify what stunts can be done in what kinds of vehicles, and make some new stunts up, but yah it would work.

Remove ads