New IPAD App !!!!

Dexamalion

Explorer
Does it scroll around for larger areas during play? What happens if two characters are more than 11 squares or so apart?

Can you import pre-existing maps from published adventures?

It does pinch to zoom and pan with finger swipes in PLAY mode, you can check out some of the videos I have of the app in action here:

Ambitious Software

You can't save maps outside the device, or import other ones, but that is fast becoming my most requested feature, so let me know if you agree!

Derek

WizarDru

Adventurer
It does pinch to zoom and pan with finger swipes in PLAY mode, you can check out some of the videos I have of the app in action here:

Ambitious Software

You can't save maps outside the device, or import other ones, but that is fast becoming my most requested feature, so let me know if you agree!

Derek, nice work.

Quick question: does Dungeon Mapp support video-out from the ipad? That would seem to me to be a very useful feature, though I have no idea how difficult that is to actually implement, if it hasn't been already.

Kyokai

First Post
Level 99 Games

Hey Guys,

I'm the developer of RPG Cartographer, and I wanted to say thanks to Hand of Evil for mentioning it. We also have a video at RPG Cartographer - Level 99 Games, and I'd encourage you all to check it out if you're shopping for the perfect app for your game group. Cartographer is targeted at GMs that want to create more vivid game maps--things that look more organic and less like rectangular spaces.

We also have a companion app for DM's that helps with campaign planning: DM Toolkit - Level 99 Games

Anyway, thanks again for taking a look at the app. I hope you'll post any suggestions that you might have in my forums or in email.

Dexamalion

Explorer
Hey Guys,

The 1.2 update of Dungeon Mapp is up on the iTunes store! A brief overview of the new features are here:

* Initiative Tracker: one button roll for all party members, rank and track initiative
* Emailing of Mapps to others
* Enhanced Character screen that tracks hit points, damage, healing surges, temp HP, movement rate, initiative modifier and more
* Add room descriptions and item descriptions to enhance dungeons
* Animated decals; fires glow and smoke, water ripples, candles flicker
* More tiles including snow, lava, sand and metal
* "Blending" of tiles, organic tiles will blend to the next tile, creating a more organic feel to mapps.
* More decals including more furniture, market stalls, horses and dungeon decorations
* Enhanced and cleaner menu system that allows you to decorate a dungeon much quicker
* Better application of Difficult Terrain, just paint it on whatever surface you like

Also please check out the extensive users manual over at my website:

Dungeon Mapp

Many thanks, and please feel free to email me any comments or post them here.

Dex

Remove ads