• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Issue of Dragon+

Issue 4 of DRAGON+ is here! DRAGON+is an app from WotC available on iOS and Android devices (find it in the respective app stores). This issue contains Duergar information from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, a free Adventurer's League module, and more - plus tons of information on the various videogame projects for WotC.

Issue 4 of DRAGON+ is here! DRAGON+is an app from WotC available on iOS and Android devices (find it in the respective app stores). This issue contains Duergar information from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, a free Adventurer's League module, and more - plus tons of information on the various videogame projects for WotC.

Editor's Letter from Matt Chapman - "Matt Chapman gets tearfully nostalgic for old D&D videogames, overly excited for new D&D videogames, and a little bit scared by a newcomer known as Belaphoss, Devourer of Hope and Dread General of the Gibbering Hords. Gulp."

Discovering the Gold Box - "As Goog Old Games dusts off thirteen classic D&D titles, the original staff who worked on them and the videogame designers and producers they inspired share their favorite memories."

Winning Races: Duergar - "An in-depth look at these dark reflections of the more traditional Forgotten Realms dwarves."

Travel Talk - "Things get a little crazy when our intrepid reporter Melissande Calador dares to descend into the Underdark."

Imagining the Ampersand - "Lars Larsen, design engineer at LZX Industries, on creating a high-tech interpretation of the Dungeons & Dragons Ampersand."

Neverwinter Strongholds - "John Hopler, senior content designer at Cryptic Studios, shares the secrets to a successful PVP siege campaign in the free-to-play MMORPG."

Demononicon of Iggwilv: Belaphoss - "Everything you ever wanted to know about Sword Coast Legends' main baddie Belpahoss but were too petrified to ask."

Fiction: The Thweem - "A peace-loving Underdark inhabitant gets a brush with madness in D&D writer Adam Lee's short story."

Interview: Jay Turner - "The narrative director of Sword Coast Legends offers an exclusive behind-the-scenes peek at the CRPG."

Video & Audio Highlights - "Canadian rocker Matthew Good talks about his love of the world of Greyhawk and charity fundraising scores a critical hit with Extra Life 2015."

Beyond the Board: Dice Masters - "Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters draws upon classic D&D elements to bring a fantasy touch to this dice building game."

Gauntlet Gophers - "Tavis Maiden's exclusive comic strip for DRAGON+ proves there are all kinds of crazy in the Underdark."

D&D Adventurers League - "Download the official D&D Adventurer's League module Shackles of Blood and investigate a string of disappearances in the Hillsfar region."

[h=4]Original Post[/h]
Not sure if this had been posted already, but the newest issue of Dragon+ is rolling out. Just downloaded mine a few minutes ago.

View attachment 71167

Valador

First Post
Easy answer: read the whole thread.

At first I couldn't figure out why you would say that, because to the best of my knowledge I was the first to ask in that thread. I just went back and re-read the thread and noticed a lot of posts that weren't there originally, so it's possible two different threads were combined? Which would make sense since I was the first person to post the news of this issues release.

Regardless, the question was answered by someone with some manners, so no need to be a jerk about it.

Dire Bare

Legend
At first I couldn't figure out why you would say that, because to the best of my knowledge I was the first to ask in that thread. I just went back and re-read the thread and noticed a lot of posts that weren't there originally, so it's possible two different threads were combined? Which would make sense since I was the first person to post the news of this issues release.

Regardless, the question was answered by someone with some manners, so no need to be a jerk about it.

You know what? You're right, my response was unnecessarily jerky, sorry about that.

Hussar

Legend
So Wizards pretty much hate people who don't have smartphones. Nice.

There's people out there that don't have a smartphone or any sort of tablet? Your Kindle (or iPad, or whatever you want to use) will read this just as well. The only thing that can't directly read this is a straight up computer.

I'm thinking that's a pretty broad market - anyone with a smartphone and/or a tablet.

Valador

First Post
You'd be amazed how many people refuse to move with the times. I'm sure there's a huge crowd who would rather have tiny thin magazines snail mailed to them every month...

Hussar

Legend
You'd be amazed how many people refuse to move with the times. I'm sure there's a huge crowd who would rather have tiny thin magazines snail mailed to them every month...

I wonder how many of them would be willing to pay 20 bucks a copy. Or a magazine that's about 70% ad space. Because that's the choices you have right now. With mailing prices and what not, print magazines are a steadily shrinking market - it's not like Dungeon and Dragon are anything new here, virtually every print magazine is hurting. It's just not economically feasible. There's a reason Paizo doesn't print magazines.

pukunui

Legend
I just went back and re-read the thread and noticed a lot of posts that weren't there originally, so it's possible two different threads were combined?
Yep. Two threads got merged.

So Wizards pretty much hate people who don't have smartphones. Nice.
They have said that they are working on a web version. (And it's actually all viewable on the web already - you just need to have the right link, which the Dragon+ app gives you if you email yourself the article, as discussed above.)

Remove ads

Remove ads