• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Member Sign Up Thread!

Nyaricus

First Post
hey everyone.

Well, heres a brief synopsis of my gaming experience. Basically, i have always had an advanced reading level > i was at a grade 12 reading level in grade 5, so i have always had a vast store of knowledge and, yes, imagination. In grade 6, my best buddy introduced me to a game called, you guessed it, D&D. It had been his neighbors, and this fellow had just given it away to my friend. It was a AD&D player's handbook and a myth drannor adventure pack - and boy did we make good use of it. Then, in grade 7, we smartened up and realised "hey, a newer addition is coming out" so we went out, and bought a few books and such - eventually getting into forgotten realms. i player with these guys till mid-grade 10 - when they all became a bunch of *ssh*l*s (would you like to buy a vowel) and cokeheads (literally). So, i languished with few friends, mostly creating my own cmapign setting until this febuary - at my birthday party. there, i had gathered a group of buddies, some new, some old, and i DMed my first game in my newly unveiled campaign setting. Everyone of those guys got hooked on it, and now we are having a blast. The people coming (and, in specific, who came) and going has fluctuated from the original group of 6, but i am now DMing a group of 8 guys, and things are going great in many areas of my life. Finishing my last year of high school, i have a girlfriend of 1 year and 9 months, play D&D every saturday, steady part-time job and yeah, likeing life in general.

So, take that as my application, if you please :D

Welcome to the GMF Nyaricus. Always good to have new members. Feel free to wander around the forums and get to know the other members. We're in the middle of a bit of a lull at the moment, but it should pick up again soon.

Nyaricus

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Welcome to the GMF Nyaricus. Always good to have new members. Feel free to wander around the forums and get to know the other members. We're in the middle of a bit of a lull at the moment, but it should pick up again soon.
Thanks for the A.O.K. Blade of Destruction, i like what i see here in the GMF. It's very small, which is something i really like - you won't get everyone and their dog throwing in an opinion :p

and yeah, i just realised my post sounded pretty dour and grim (and i also sounded a bit conceited with the reading level comment :S ). Sorry bout that - I'm usually a pretty humble and cheerful guy. Hmm, must have been an odd mood alighting that hour :p

Nyaricus said:
Thanks for the A.O.K. Blade of Destruction, i like what i see here in the GMF. It's very small, which is something i really like - you won't get everyone and their dog throwing in an opinion :p

and yeah, i just realised my post sounded pretty dour and grim (and i also sounded a bit conceited with the reading level comment :S ). Sorry bout that - I'm usually a pretty humble and cheerful guy. Hmm, must have been an odd mood alighting that hour :p
Not at all, sounded like your getting a kick out of life, which is always a good thing. And the reading level comment didn't sound arrogant, I had the same thing back in third grade, heh heh heh (I also had two or three friends back then, but thats another story)... :]

Nyaricus

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Not at all, sounded like your getting a kick out of life, which is always a good thing. And the reading level comment didn't sound arrogant, I had the same thing back in third grade, heh heh heh (I also had two or three friends back then, but thats another story)... :]
woot, i am not the only guy with a gooder read-a-ma-thing level-er (ahem ahem :p). Yeah, :):):):) happens, then you die, but i bet i will die DMing (well, thats the hope anyways :p)

Now, i think i am going to help out with that near-dead grendel post in the next few days . . .

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Nyaricus welcome to the GMF!!!

Worry not about your reading comment, heck I'm willing to bet at least half of the D&D connoseiurs (sp?) out there would have a similar thing to say anyway...
[sblock]Including myself...[/sblock]
Glad to have you.

Remove ads