D&D (2024) New One D&D Playtest Document: 77 Pages, 7 Classes, & More!

Updated classes, spells, feats, and more!

There's a brand new playtest document for the new (version/edition/update) of Dungeons of Dragons available for download! This one is an enormous 77 pages and includes classes, spells, feats, and weapons.

In this new Unearthed Arcana document for the 2024 Core Rulebooks, we explore material designed for the next version of the Player’s Handbook. This playtest document presents updated rules on seven classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, and Rogue. This document also presents multiple subclasses for each of those classes, new Spells, revisions to existing Spells and Spell Lists, and several revised Feats. You will also find an updated rules glossary that supercedes the glossary of any previous playtest document.

darjr

I crit!
I like the idea of wild shape being standard stats but like many had said the implementation was off. The new wild shape doesn't look bad. I like that you have to choose at the start of play or during a long rest. This doesn't really change the way I was doing wild shape with my daughter to make it easier on her.
This, it's really codifying what many folks were already sorta doing. While keeping what other folks like, or at least making it possible to simply roll it back to that. I think the built in stats made that harder because then they built around those stats. Or would have.

darjr

I crit!
Overall, pretty cool packet after a flip through. The narrative over the past few days has bemoaning all that WotC is dialing back to the 2014 rules, but Imseeing much more glass half full here (particularly since I like the 2014 rules). Lots of cool changes, love the Monk stuff.
Yea, this really seems like an attempt to fix things yet keep backwards compatibility in rules and style and at play. Walking across those eggshells.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Monks look decent at a glance. I know stunning strike mains are going to consider the class dead now, but for someone that likes to invoke other strategies, the monk has gotten pretty good.

The 4-elemonk is much less ki-starved, which is cool, but at the cost of their utility and customization being axed hurts alot. They can't even NOVA.

Their Empty Body got nerfed hard too. The Astral Projection wasn't important but the loss of invisibility sucks.
They also get a 1 minute short rest. Will they be the only ones?

Remove ads

Remove ads