New Penny Arcade Podcast

Negflar2099

Explorer
I love these casts, personally I'd like to see them continue them all the way up to level 30!

Seconded. I love these podcasts. They are getting funnier and more entertaining with each post. Now that they have a complete party (Defender, Leader, Controller and now Striker) they can maybe take on some real challenges without needing a goblin to save them. I can hardly wait to see the Avenger in action.

Man I really felt for Wheaton when the name he spent so much time on became reduced to Al. Ha! I can't tell you how many time stuff like that has happened to me. Great post.

darjr

I crit!
I love these casts, personally I'd like to see them continue them all the way up to level 30!

Thirded! (?)

That would be fantastic to get actual play recordings to 30th level by this group.

I use to ignore actual play podcasts, despite being a podcast fan, but these really opened my eyes and since then I've started listening to a few others.

I think it would make for a fantastic ongoing podcast.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Chris Perkins is an incredibly patient DM.

There is no way I'd be able to stand that much out of character jabber and jackassing in my game. While my group loves a good laugh, that's far, far too much. Or maybe they're hamming it up. But to each their own I suppose! :)

edit - I am surprised he preempted them to make Stealth checks. I would have simply assumed a passive value, since no players seemed to indicate they wanted to keep quiet.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!

There is no way I'd be able to stand that much out of character jabber and jackassing in my game. While my group loves a good laugh, that's far, far too much. Or maybe they're hamming it up. But to each their own I suppose! :)

edit - I am surprised he preempted them to make Stealth checks. I would have simply assumed a passive value, since no players seemed to indicate they wanted to keep quiet.

I'll tolerate a lot of hamming at the game. In part it's why I game. Also I have often used something like a 'Stealth checks please' as a not so subtle way to bring things back to the game. It works wonders.

Baumi

Adventurer
No that was a fun podcast! :cool:

I only hope that future podcast-projects will be with video. It would be MUCH easier to understand who is talking at the moment and to see the gestures which are always important for communication.

wedgeski

Adventurer
There are several moments where I think you can hear Chris' patience being stretched to the limit, where he will raise the level of his voice *just above* that of the players (i.e. loud) in order to stop them goofing off and keeping the game on track. Classic DM volume escalation strategy. :)

Really interesting, can't wait for the rest, and like the poster above, it would be great if there was video for future installments.

vagabundo

Adventurer

The podcast reminds me a lot of my games.

Did you notice how the OOC horseplay died down as the game progressed? And there was more and more character stuff, even if it was a little pythonesic..

With some newbies in a game it takes some time for them to learn how to play in DND....

Remove ads