New Penny Arcade podcast

MacMathan

Explorer
Just wanted throw in my "me too" support for continuing the podcasts. They are fun listening and great marketing.

BTW Gabe any chance of letting us see your set up campaign on Obsidian Portal.

Jack99

Adventurer
Hey this is Gabe. My friend Mike told me about these forums and they've really helped me a lot as a new DM.

I'm really glad so many of you liked the Podcasts. I agree we aren't the best players in the world but I think we give people a good idea of how much fun it is to sit around a table with your buddies and play D&D.

I understand the language might bother some people. I gotta say I don't remember any misogyny though. I know my wife listens to the podcasts and likes them.

Anyway, glad most of you seem to like them. I hope you keep listening:)

Hey Gabe. Welcome to ENworld. Here D&D is serious business, so forget any notion that you might have about it being a game :p

Hey this is Gabe. My friend Mike told me about these forums and they've really helped me a lot as a new DM.

I'm really glad so many of you liked the Podcasts. I agree we aren't the best players in the world but I think we give people a good idea of how much fun it is to sit around a table with your buddies and play D&D.

I understand the language might bother some people. I gotta say I don't remember any misogyny though. I know my wife listens to the podcasts and likes them.

Anyway, glad most of you seem to like them. I hope you keep listening:)
- Stuff to like about EN World
People in the "industry" post here, too! ;)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I gotta say I don't remember any misogyny though. I know my wife listens to the podcasts and likes them.

It's scattered throughout in little pieces. Most fantasy gaming (D&D and video games) has a strongly misogynistic culture so I apologize for seeming like I was single you guys out. It's not at every table or in everyone, but it's there. It's low-scale misogyny, I mostly picked up the smell of it from the berserker seen in the first podcast. (The c-bomb is the vanguard of misogyny.)

Gabe(Mike, Jim), if you are still, seriously though, this isn't a major complaint, I'm not looking to criticize you, I was just pointing out why I find the podcasts genuinely funny, but why I don't hold them up as a shining ideal of humor.

OchreJelly

First Post
Welcome Gabe. As a longtime fan of Penny Arcade, I gotta say it's weird to address you over the interwebs. It's been interesting seeing you make the gradual move to table-top from PC RPGS, to CCGs, to tabletop. Glad you made the journey though.

Keep up the podcasts! They crack me up a lot (people look at me funny at the gym when I laugh out loud while listening to them). Your group's playstyle seems similar to my own. Don't sweat the mistakes. It's all part of the learning process, and even those of us who play for years let things slip through.

Remove ads