• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Penny Arcade podcast

Hawke

Explorer
I am in favor of NEVER adding video or stills. I like listening in my car.

Actually... I agree with you on the video part. I don't think video would add very much. I listen in my car for the most part, as well. I *do* think some stills would be useful to add next to the drawn comics (which are very cool) of the various minis and the dungeon setup. I'd like to see how the maps looked after all the discussion from Wil about it in the podcast.

fissionessence

First Post
I'd like to see WotC doing even more podcasts. I'm a bit of a podcast junky. I'd like to hear some of the WotC employees' home games taped. Also, it would be cool to hear some playtest sessions. I'm facinated by the develpment process and that would be really interesting to hear a snippit of... though there are obviously reasons they would want to restrict what they gave the public.

I'd also love to hear playtest sessions, or 'preview' sessions. It doesn't seem all that crazy to just record one, then not release it for several months, when it's a more reasonable preview release.

I am in favor of NEVER adding video or stills. I like listening in my car.

I also listen in my car, but I'd still like some pictures for reference.

~

P

PaulofCthulhu

I'm a big fan of these podcasts. I don't think that these are the best gamers ever, in fact the language, misogyny(Oh, dear lord the misogyny)

Sounds like they could do with a few female players in the group if that's the case.

I'm a big fan of these podcasts. I don't think that these are the best gamers ever, in fact the language, misogyny(Oh, dear lord the misogyny) and other issues are why I don't show my wife them as an example of how fun 4e is.

Bah, I know how women talk about us "owners-of-two-hairy-spheroids" when we aren't around! :devil:

We are but the lowly d20 in their Evil DM (tm) hands!! :eek:
lol

Actually... I agree with you on the video part. I don't think video would add very much. I listen in my car for the most part, as well. I *do* think some stills would be useful to add next to the drawn comics (which are very cool) of the various minis and the dungeon setup. I'd like to see how the maps looked after all the discussion from Wil about it in the podcast.

Video might have its appeal, but I indeed only find time to hear it when driving with my car. I need my eyes for the street. ;)

arscott

First Post
Original quote removed by admin, so I'm removing this response to it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Arscott, I've removed Felon's post. I'm editing your last post accordingly. Thank you for not losing your temper when you responded.

Last edited:

cwgabe

First Post
Thanks!

Hey this is Gabe. My friend Mike told me about these forums and they've really helped me a lot as a new DM.

I'm really glad so many of you liked the Podcasts. I agree we aren't the best players in the world but I think we give people a good idea of how much fun it is to sit around a table with your buddies and play D&D.

I understand the language might bother some people. I gotta say I don't remember any misogyny though. I know my wife listens to the podcasts and likes them.

Anyway, glad most of you seem to like them. I hope you keep listening:)

Kishin

First Post
For those in favor of video free podcasts, you could easily just rip the audio from the AVI or whatever format it was delivered in with any of several (free) programs.

I feel so bad for Wil every time he misses. :( But he does do a great job of filling people in on the visual aspects.

Also, "It's gonna be like that." "Is this an all the time thing?" "It may be." after Wil's first 'dark, mysterious badass' voice was priceless.

Kez Darksun

First Post
Hey this is Gabe. My friend Mike told me about these forums and they've really helped me a lot as a new DM.

I'm really glad so many of you liked the Podcasts. I agree we aren't the best players in the world but I think we give people a good idea of how much fun it is to sit around a table with your buddies and play D&D.

I understand the language might bother some people. I gotta say I don't remember any misogyny though. I know my wife listens to the podcasts and likes them.

Anyway, glad most of you seem to like them. I hope you keep listening:)

Welcome to ENWorld, Gabe. I hope you, Tycho, Scott, & Wil can keep doing more podcasts after this series. I finally got around to listening to them, starting with the new adventures with Wil and hearing all the fun you were having brought back memories of playing D&D with my old group. We ended up splitting apart a while ago, but hearing all of you together, gaming & joking around, spurred me to start hunting out a new gaming group to create new memories with. I've been following 4th edition for a while now, but I have to say thanks for helping me get back to playing D&D instead of just reading about it. I also want to add a belated thanks to everyone involved in putting out the podcasts, especially the PA/PvP ones. Those, more than anything so far, have rekindled an active interest in D&D in me.

Last edited:

Remove ads