New Plane Rules - Opinions?

thesilentbard

First Post
I unfortunately don't have enough time to spend for this project, so I won't join the team. Maybe after school and after the army I'll reconsider it.
If I write some stuff I will be glad to submit it though.
Speaking of stuff, are you still interested in the thing I did? It has nothing to do with the format you propose, it's actually a different way of doing things. It's still rather messy. I might get back to it later, in a few months time. :rolleyes:

ax0n

First Post
I do remember your submission, thesilentbard, and it did look promising.

Unfortunately, we couldn't accept your submission because you didn't have a Contributor ID. To get one of these you need to sign a PA and send it off to the FANCC, here. Its a complicated but apparently necesary process, I'm afraid. You then need to resend your submission with a Statement to Contribute. :)

Also, we don't have time to complete other people's submissions, due to time constraints, so don't send in something until you're sure it's complete. We will do minor sanity-checking, such as correcting spelling mistakes and maybe even playtest rules (once we have a playtest coordinator in residence).

Khorod

First Post
They're Good...

I think the planar description system is very good- I was part of writing it. But more than that, people I have directed to it from other discussion groups have had positive reactions. Gamers in my own area have found it interesting- though they would much rather see submissions made with it than read the system itself. People, get cracking! :rolleyes:

One of the reasons to make a new planar design system is also to incorporate greater flexibility than the MotP was meant for. The Manual is designed in support of the default D&D cosmology. This system is designed to encompass virtually any type of plane scheme imaginable.

Rather than making parallel systems, please make suggestions as to how this system can be improved to suite your needs. The advice may not be directly implemented, but articles on using this system are in the works.

-Khorod
TM & Proofreader, NBoPL

thesilentbard

First Post
I was doing my plane model anyways, so I had thought I could tell you about it.
It's quite different to what is described in either the MotP or your rules.

Souls are treated in a special way, and there is a connection between "gods" and their followers.
Planes are born from the crossing of elementary currents [has little to do with the 4 elements thing] and primal matter.
Magic is directly related to those elementary currents and the primal matter. There are a few twists derived from this as well...

It has a somewhat pseudo-scientific approach.

Well, anyways, you tell me if you want me to send it again or not, it's your choice ;)

Khorod

First Post
That sounds cool. New cosmologies like that are one of the current priorities of the netbook. I would suggest that you consider whether the planar descriptions could be applied- nothing you have said indicated otherwise.

The planar descriptions primarily allows for basic description of individual planes, a few easily redifinable or ignorable aspects of the system encompass some typical planar interrelationships. It is important to remember that the planar desriptions is supposed to be an architecture for describing planes that has been fleshed out with material that has been voted within generic-to-many-cosmologies.

thesilentbard

First Post
I guess it would be possible to apply planar traits and such to planes from my cosmology. Though some wouldn't make sense in it, such as the alignement traits.

I would just like to say that I did not create any planes. It's just a means of setting up a different cosmology.

Khorod

First Post
Just because the planar descriptions has something does not mean it has to be used.

Very different cosmologies is one of the reasons why the netbook exists. We have a couple in the works, and they are, in total, mutually exclusive.

thesilentbard

First Post
So do you want me to send you the latest version for a read?
If you like it I can always finish it completely. But I don't really want to spend lots of time correcting it and then you not liking it, if you know what I mean ;)

Remove ads