*New Player* Druid/Barb/Monk Grapple Tank! Need help

Failedlegend

First Post
Hey all, me again are my failed attempt at a Warlock/Paladin tank I just played a random pre-gen (ran out of time before game), anyways it was a druid and I really liked the idea of wildshape...was planning a barb/druid since it's another of my fav multi-classes from 3e/PF but randomly stumbled upon a thread about grappling bears and octopi.

Anyways it seemed like a fun concept so I started theorizing...I bounced back and forth between a Druid/Monk and a Druid/Barb but was unable to settle so I figured I would see what a Druid/Monk/Barb looks like and this is what I came up with and I was wondering how viable this is (note: extra attack is pointless since several wildshapes get multi-attack)

Ghostwise Halfling Druid2/Monk1/Barb1 (current)
L8r: Barb4/Druid2/Monk2 or Monk5/Barb3/Druid2

Str 13 (barb pre-req)
Dex 16 (monk pre-req and useful outside of wildshape)
Con 12 (a little low but wildshape helps with this)
Int 10 (i need to put 2 points somewhere)
Wis 16 (Pre-req for monk & druid, decent AC outside of WS)
Cha 8

1. Monk1 - AC = 10 + Dex + Wis
2. Druid1 - Druid Spellcasting
3. Druid2 - CR 1 Wildshape, Self-heal, Quick WS
4. Barb1 - AC = 10 + Dex + Con (Best applies, rarely useful TBH), Rage (+X damage and adv. on Str checks ie. grappling)
5. Barb2 - Adv. on Dex saves
6. Barb3 - Bear Totem FTW (resist ALL)
7. Barb4 - Feat: Grappler or Mage Slayer (partially dependent on DM ruling of how grappler works...either useless or awesome)

Beyond 7 Possibilties
Monk 2+: Main boosts are unarmed damage (& DR bypass), movement speed, Ki and either Open Palm or Shadow, also evasion stacks nicely with danger sense.
Druid 3+: Higher CR Shapeshifts, DR Bypass (can gain from Monk instead), Higher Level Spells Slots.
Barb 5+: More rages per rest, higher rage damage boost, not much else until 11+ Lvls of Barb.

Mainly a mix of Druid and Monk most likely...just not sure in what order...prob get monk or druid to 4 than the other to start (for feats and ASIs)

So uh yeah,all help is greatly appreciated. :D

P.S. Can other players ride me when I'm wildshaped?

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
You'll have trouble keeping up wild shape without druid levels.
But yes, people can ride you.

Also, consider 1 level of rogue for expertise in aesthetics. That's a big bonus to

Failedlegend

First Post
You'll have trouble keeping up wild shape without druid levels.
But yes, people can ride you.

Also, consider 1 level of rogue for expertise in aesthetics. That's a big bonus to

CMIIW it's x2 Proficiency bonus in 2 skills which scales with CHARACTER level, right?...one being athletics obviously...maybe Herbalism or Nature for the 2nd one for fluff reasons (I'm already a bit woozy on explaining a Monk/Barb/Druid let alone adding Rogue to the mix :p but the lack of feats makes having a unique single-classed character difficult)

Remove ads