New Playtest Survey going out

pauljathome

First Post
that sucks how important is it looking?

Very unclear.

Lots of questions where you're supposed to rate something from 1-5.

But, unless you add a comment (which happens to be read) you don't get to say why you're dissatisfied.

For example, I said I was dissatisfied with Sorceror spells. But it took a comment for me to say why.

Its going to be very challenging for WOTC to get information from the data. Especially if the volume is sufficient that they can't really read the comments

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
The developers have stated several times that the surveys are their most important form of feedback, and they mentioned that they do have people actually read the written comments. Definitely fill it out if you want them to hear you.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
There's a whole page of questions like "how many combat encounters did your group face between long rests," "what healing option did your group use," "were you satisfied with the pace of combat," etc.

With questions like these, it would be nice to know what they were a head of time so I can actually track encounters between rests. Unfortunately the current survey format does not seem to allow this.

PinkRose

Explorer
This won't be the last survey before release.
So don't stress too much about it.
As for how many rests, specifically, I think they want a more general idea.
If you don't know exactly, tell them how you felt about the number of rests. "My group had to take a lot of rests." "My group went through the whole adventure and didn't take a single rest." That kind of information is just as valuable.

the Jester

Legend
I filled it out though I probably should have commented that I didn't use the playtest adventure but rather ran a party of four through a converted version of B4, the Lost City.

Still, I made a variety of comments about things that I noticed, both positive and negative.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
To the OP:

You said that the fighter still needs more out of combat stuff. What exactly does the game need to give the fighter that you couldn't give him with a bit of role playing?

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Generally, the fighter is supposed to be the guy that break down doors, completes feats of athleticism, intimidates, bends bars, etc (though games derived from 3E messed this up since the fighter got screwed in terms of skill points). Most of these can be done with a Strength check(Yay!) or a Charisma check(Boo!). Much like the Rogue, the fighter should be good at these things baseline.

Honestly, I will give them credit in that they didn't bring back 3E's "the fighter must suck at everything", but a little more oomph outside combat would be nice. As of right now, they are 100% Combat tier, with minimal Exploration or Interaction tier.

gyor

Legend
How about giving the fighter a free skill like,how Warlock's get eldrich lore. Say Fighter Training, which would give them a free Skill, thier choice of Intimadate, Atheletics, Arcobatics, or Heraldary Lore.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
How about giving the fighter a free skill like,how Warlock's get eldrich lore. Say Fighter Training, which would give them a free Skill, thier choice of Intimadate, Atheletics, Arcobatics, or Heraldary Lore.
This was kind of what I was thinking. It would set a precedent that backgrounds grant skills, but class grants one skill chosen from a short list.

I wish I had put that in my responses though...:(

Remove ads