New Race: Wyrmtouched

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
You could keep the Wings ability, if for nothing more than flavor.

Just tone it down abit.

Vestigial Wings (Ex): As long as character is concious and wings are unbound, treat all falls as though they were 10 feet shorter when determining damage.

Aris

First Post
my Version

Drakmen have the following traits:
+2 Strength +2 Charisma: Like their ancestor’s wyrmtouched possess great strength, a powerful force of personality and an innate talent for sorcery.
Base speed: 30 ft
Natural Armor +1: Wyrmtouched have tough skin with patches of scales the same colour as the type of dragon they are descended from. (This trait may be taken multiple times and stacks)
Darkvision 60ft
Type: Dragon - you gain immunity to sleep and paralysis effects only.
Languages:You know the same languages as a human. You may substitute draconic as one of your known languages.
Wyrmtouched also get two choice from the list below:
1) Breath Weapon (usable once per day based on the dragon variety)
2) Energy Resistance 5 (This trait may be taken multiple times and stacks
3) Wings (can't fly) If the player chooses Wings then they have to pay twice as much for armour as it have to be custom fitted for their bodies.
4)Claw and Bite attacks (Bite Damage:1d4, Claw Damage:1d3)

Favor class: sorcerer(or paladin if releated to Gold dragons)

Dragon Variety Breath Weapon Damage (DC) Resistance
Black Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Blue Line of Lightning 2d8 (14) Electricity
Green Cone of Gas 2d6 (13) Acid
Red Cone of Fire 2d10 (15) Fire
White Cone of Cold 1d6 (12) Cold
Brass Line of Fire 1d6 (13) Fire
Bronze Line of Lightning 2d6 (14) Electricity
Copper Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Gold Cone of Fire 2d10 (16) Fire
Silver Cone of Cold 2d8 (14) Cold

A line is always 5ft high, 5 ft wide and 60ft long.
A cone is always 30ft long.

ECL: +1

UD

First Post
I have been using my version in a Dragonstar campaign for a few weeks now. It dosn't seem unbalanced. Thought I'd let you know.

drowdude

First Post
Gilthanas_Galanodel said:

Wyrmtouched also get one choice from the list below:
1) Breath Weapon (usable once per day based on the dragon variety)
2) Energy Resistance 15 and Claw and Bite attacks (Bite Damage:1d4, Claw Damage:1d3)
3) Wings (can fly at their normal speed with poor maneuverability)
If the player chooses Wings then they have to pay twice as much for armour as it have to be custom fitted for their bodies.

Level Adjustment +1. Wyrmtouched are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than most of the common races.
Favoured Class: Sorcerer

Dragon Variety Breath Weapon Damage (DC) Resistance
Black Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Blue Line of Lightning 2d8 (14) Electricity
Green Cone of Gas 2d6 (13) Acid
Red Cone of Fire 2d10 (15) Fire
White Cone of Cold 1d6 (12) Cold
Brass Line of Fire 1d6 (13) Fire
Bronze Line of Lightning 2d6 (14) Electricity
Copper Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Gold Cone of Fire 2d10 (16) Fire
Silver Cone of Cold 2d8 (14) Cold

A line is always 5ft high, 5 ft wide and 60ft long.
A cone is always 30ft long.

I like this overall, but I think the other 2 options outstrip the breathweapon ability in usefulness in the longrun. It's kinda neat at low-levels, but once you start facing opponents with decent save bonuses and such it looses it's bang.

Maybe the DC should rise along with the Wyrmtouched HD similar to the manner suggested in the Monster Manual.
Use the bases you have indicated above and add 1/2 the Wyrmtouched HD as a bonus to the DC.

Or something to that effect. Just an idea.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Re: Re: New Race: Wyrmtouched

drowdude said:
I like this overall, but I think the other 2 options outstrip the breathweapon ability in usefulness in the longrun. It's kinda neat at low-levels, but once you start facing opponents with decent save bonuses and such it looses it's bang.

Maybe the DC should rise along with the Wyrmtouched HD similar to the manner suggested in the Monster Manual.
Use the bases you have indicated above and add 1/2 the Wyrmtouched HD as a bonus to the DC.

Or something to that effect. Just an idea.

Quite a good one. I'd use the formula as it is in the MM: 10 + CON(or was it a different stat?) + 1/2 HD (exactly like the DC for stunning blow, though that uses WIS). Still, the damage doesn't scale, making it still somewhat limited.

Rav

Remove ads